Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I still don't think it's a formality that we're going up, far from it in fact

I don't disagree, however we DEFINITELY would not be going up if players like Ozil were playing in this league..... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, choffer said:

Dean Smith has ruled out selling (King) Jota to a Championship side already.  

Not trying to be funny with you, found the rest of your post interesting and it's great to have people with insight to other clubs on this board.

However, didn't Dean Smith also rule out selling Hogan to a championship club in January? And wouldn't Villa be veiwed by Smith and potentially Brentford generally as a slight step above them, so not really competing on the same level? 

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Not trying to be funny with you, found the rest of your post interesting and it's great to have people with insight to other clubs on this board.

However, didn't Dean Smith also rule out selling Hogan to a championship club in January? And wouldn't Villa be veiwed by Smith and potentially Brentford generally as a slight step above them, so not really competing on the same level? 

I can see that Brentford would usually be reluctant to sell to another championship club but isn't Dean Smith a Villa fan? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Yes, I thought that when I posted it but didn't want to overdo my post. I think what Smith said was that he didn't want to sell to a competing team in the Championship (in relation to Jota). Maybe he feels Brentford aren't competing with Villa or maybe because he's a Villa fan he's decided not to compete (although the away result last season might fly in the face of that particular theory!). 

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Alan Nixon tweeted that Chelsea are happy to let Chalobah go for £5m, and there's a big scramble for him. As I said I'd love us to get him. 

I personally think he is very over rated.  Also have to ask why Chelsea are letting him go for so little.

Hi all

Might be slightly off topic...but relevant to next Summer!....

Interesting to read yesterday that Newcastle (well Rafa) was saying how difficilt it is to sign players now they are in the premier league due to the huge and crazy transfer fees.

Of course the mighty Villa will be promoted at the end of this upcoming season, but does this mean that we could be in the same position needing to recruit more players for life in the premier league?

Regards to all

Del

19 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Hi all

Might be slightly off topic...but relevant to next Summer!....

Interesting to read yesterday that Newcastle (well Rafa) was saying how difficilt it is to sign players now they are in the premier league due to the huge and crazy transfer fees.

Of course the mighty Villa will be promoted at the end of this upcoming season, but does this mean that we could be in the same position needing to recruit more players for life in the premier league?

Regards to all

Del

I kinda think that's inevitable and will be the litmus test of the good Doctors tenure and the clubs ambitions, I'm pretty sure our current squad wouldn't survive a season in the premiere league so most definitely a few class acts need to be added if we go up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Is that a flash name for pants? And i never knew Waddle was a thief ?

He can't say penalty.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I kinda think that's inevitable and will be the litmus test of the good Doctors tenure and the clubs ambitions, I'm pretty sure our current squad wouldn't survive a season in the premiere league so most definitely a few class acts need to be added if we go up.

Just to add to your point I think if we can get 1 or 2 players in this window and the the same in the Jan window that are of the ilk of Chester, Taylor and Kodjia then we could potentially be halfway to having a decent chance of survival in the PL, when we get there.

When we go up we then look to add around 4-5 quality first team signings and we could have a very very good team and improve our chances of staying up.

• Like 2

If we (I mean Tony Xia) are going to become "The biggest club in Europe" then we have to spend 100s of millions on players, our entire budgets over the last 10 seasons or so are being on spent on 1 player by the tier 1 teams, it's a sad fact that our 2 seasons (or maybe more) away from the top table might just bite us on the arse, on and off the pitch.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

If we (I mean Tony Xia) are going to become "The biggest club in Europe" then we have to spend 100s of millions on players, our entire budgets over the last 10 seasons or so are being on spent on 1 player by the tier 1 teams, it's a sad fact that our 2 seasons (or maybe more) away from the top table might just bite us on the arse, on and off the pitch.

Very true mate. Hopefully we can find a couple of bargain gems along the way to offset the ludicrous amounts that would need to be spent to even compete with the top 6-8 teams in the PL. It would be good to find the next lukaku before they cost extortionate amounts of money, which would then allow us to be in the driving seat over transfer fees, in the future, instead of us having deadwood that we can't give away. 

• Like 1