Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Maybe terry could give Joe a call  Hart said of Terry: "He was someone who, when I first came to the squad, treated me just the same as he does now. When I first came into the squad as a third-choice goalkeeper with no chance of playing, he treated me the same as he does now. I can't thank him enough for how helpful he's been with me in the England squad and he's someone I respect very, very much on and off the field. He was great to me and the other players."

It would probably be the strangest transfer since that totally above board deal west ham did for a couple of Argentinians , especially in a world cup year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Since when is AgentDave a reputable source?

AgentDave is the Oracle.

Bow down to AgentDave

Man City want to sell Joe Hart not loan him (ESPN ,The Sun) out again so that rules us out. Think we are stuck with this muggy Man Utd keeper. Some exciting flair/attacking players would be good/essential given the only time we looked like scoring last season was Kodjia creating something out of nothing. 

10 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Makes you wonder why Stockdale left Brighton tho after 3 seasons being number 1 there and getting promotion to the premier league to then sign for Birmingham?! Of all teams! 

Have to question the lads ambition. 

Pretty sure he was told he'd be fighting for his place if he stayed as the wheels were already in motion to bring in Ryan from Valencia, who could be a top keeper and will no doubt be Brighton's number 1 this season in the Prem. 

I guess he turned it down as he wanted to still play regularly and old Arry was on the phone offering him the world. 

26 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Man City want to sell Joe Hart not loan him (ESPN ,The Sun) out again so that rules us out. Think we are stuck with this muggy Man Utd keeper. Some exciting flair/attacking players would be good/essential given the only time we looked like scoring last season was Kodjia creating something out of nothing. 

This season he will be creating something out of something:)

Edited by TRO

I can't believe Everton want to buy Rooney as they're back up keeper. Rooney wants to play not sit on the bench, so he should look for a club where he can be 1st choice. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I can't believe Everton want to buy Rooney as they're back up keeper. Rooney wants to play not sit on the bench, so he should look for a club where he can be 1st choice. 

Exactly. We've got a goal keeping vacancy, Rooney should come here, Everton can have Hart.

I can't believe Mourihno wants Hart when he already has Rooney.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Exactly. We've got a goal keeping vacancy, Rooney should come here, Everton can have Hart.

I can't believe Mourihno wants Hart when he already has Rooney.

Jose knows what he is doing my friend, Hart will score lots of goals for ManU and be a solid replacement for Zlatan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Jose knows what he is doing my friend, Hart will score lots of goals for ManU and be a solid replacement for Zlatan

If we sign Rooney, that gives Johnstone his first team chance at Utd, everyone's a winner. Everton can have Hart, especially with Lukaku looking to leave. 

Transfer season is just a merry go round!

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

I don't think signing Hart is beyond the realms of possibility, it is unlikely and ambitious though, of course, but if we could pull it off it would be fantastic. It would underline the stature and "pull" of the club and show that we really do mean business. I just hope we don't take any wild or crazy risks (financially) when it comes to transfers but I do think we actually have a sensible and knowledgeable group of people running the club now.

Regardless, sorting out the GK position is absolutely imperative and the main priority, imo at least. We need at least the base/spine of the side absolutely sorted as soon as possible so that it has a chance to gel and be settled/established going into the first few games of the new season.

I do think we need a couple of wingers too but we have a decent group of players - especially if they are all "up for it" this season. We just need to get rid of the deadwood and trim the squad to create genuine unity and team spirit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

well... Bruce is looking for a 1st choice

• Like 1

I cannot see why its so unrealistic to get Hart. They may want a transfer.. but maybe nobody is paying it.. yet if we get him on loan with a view to permanent.. so if we go up we automatically purchase him.. then that might be their best bet of getting rid. If all they are fielding are loan queries.. then you never know. 

The delay in the Johnstone transfer is what makes me think we are waiting to see if we can get him first. Otherwise, Johnstone would be a done deal already. Wages wise..could be an issue.. but if they cover 50% it could work. Stranger things have happened. 

Still think Johnstone will be the one unfortunately. You hear how he kept 8 clean sheets or something.. but in most of those games.. we were barely tested.. he had nothing to do. When he did.. we conceded quite easily. 

• Like 2