Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Anybody who doesn't think hart would be anything other that a fantastic signing for a championship side really needs to have another look at things!

I think people sometimes forget we're not a top 6 Premier League side anymore.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Anybody who doesn't think hart would be anything other that a fantastic signing for a championship side really needs to have another look at things!

For a Championship side absolutely yes.  My post was specifically about the point where we get promoted.  But you knew that already :)

1 minute ago, BOF said:

For a Championship side absolutely yes.  My post was specifically about the point where we get promoted.  But you knew that already :)

Course, just that he would be great at the next phase too for me. Easily good enough for a premiership survival season.

• Like 4

Just now, Nigel said:

Course, just that he would be great at the next phase too for me. Easily good enough for a premiership survival season.

Maybe.  But that's the extent of it for me.  We'd need rid if we wanted to progress beyond that.  I think there's still a slight undeserved aura around him because of his bewildering England involvement.  He's just spent a season letting clangers in for Torino.  We know England hype their players, and he's a prime example of that.  Bottom 6 Premier League is his level, and yes we want to get to that level for next season so maybe he's a good stopgap.  He's certainly another profile boost for the club, and landing Terry has made landing Hart all the more possible, if not entirely likely.

Maybe I'm being too negative.  He's good for where we are and he's probably good for stage 1 of our Premier League adventure if we get there.  So bring it on and we'll deal with the bit after that when we get there.

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not a hope in hell of signing Hart, I wouldn't even get remotely excited about the prospect... 

Well if we sign I'm going to come look for you :D

1 hour ago, BOF said:

As long as no-one shoots low down to his left he'll be brilliant.

hes also 30. I thought he was younger. Keepers do last longer but hes already on a downward spiral

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KSV said:

hes also 30. I thought he was younger. Keepers do last longer but hes already on a downward spiral

Absolute tosh.

he is just about reaching his peak as a goalie.

• Like 2