Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Whether we get Hart, Johnstone or another goalie, we need to get a shift on.  

I would rather that the new goalie bonds with his new defense during pre-season than in our competitive matches.

• Like 1

Can someone sign Hart please so I can stop inadvertently getting my hopes up. I keep telling myself that this is bullshit and won't happen, but as time goes on and more "rumours" come out I'm like "could it happen?".. 

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Has anyone got an opinion on how likely Joe Hart is to sign for us?

The issue is wages and Man City not wanting to do a loan.

That said the no-loan thing could be for Premier League teams. Man City know that anyone in the league these days can hurt their title push and Hart is a great goalkeeper.

If the no-loan thing is only for Premier League teams then that helps us out. I do think Newcastle enquiring about a loan is because he's valued at £18 million.

I still don't think it'll happen, but if it does then holy shit..

Just now, rubberman said:

Hart and Terry - all a bit 2012 isn't it?  We'll be looking to bring Slippy G and Lamps out of retirement next.

Every little helps until we can sign and attract modern world class talent.

We're unfortunately in the Championship so we are limited. The fact we even signed Terry is crazy given the league we're in.

• Like 1

The only reason I think that we might be in with a chance of Hart signing for us is Terry. I'd imagine he has a bit of pull, especially with Internation team-mates who are not in their current first team.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

What's this like for a source? Probably not very good, but has 88k followers.

dagZi246_bigger.jpgFourth Official‏ @FourthOfficial_

Follow
More

BREAKING; Aston Villa and Manchester City have agreed a season long loan deal for Joe Hart #mcfc #avfc

He has 88k followers so who knows. 

Seems coral also suggesting it may be on and they have 344k followers - still prefer to hear it from more reliable source closer to villa.

Edited by Eastie

As i said the other day, He would be guaranteed 1st choice keeper, We are likely to be live on sky 20+ times so he will get far more exposure than the 8-12 games that most of the crap prem teams get and surely it looks better to play 40+ games for a team that (hopefully) wins most of them rather than a mid/low prem team where you will be lucky to win more than 10 games and are generally only live on tv against the big teams which means a lot of picking the ball out of the net

Edited by LakotaDakota

10 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Hart and Terry - all a bit 2012 isn't it?  We'll be looking to bring Slippy G and Lamps out of retirement next.

Slippy G and Lamps would probably still create and score more goals than our current crop of midfielders! 

• Like 1

Some airport guy in faro has claimed Hart flew into faro last night 

cant copy and paste on ipad from twitter 

Joe Hart arrived in Portugal tonight , coincidence Villa arrived yesterday

another guy reckons he was on same flight at Hart to faro .

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Some airport guy in faro has claimed Hart flew into faro last night 

cant copy and paste on ipad from twitter 

Joe Hart arrived in Portugal tonight , coincidence Villa arrived yesterday

another guy reckons he was on same flight at Hart to faro .

That settles it. He's playing golf with Bruce as we speak.

• Like 1