Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:
32 minutes ago, BOF said:

If we take too long a timeout and we don't get a keeper in early enough in the summer so he can fuse with the defence, they could all end up going into the season be twix and between in terms of integrating.

Yes we need  to get a keeper soon - Bunn is too flakey for me even though he may chomp at the bit to get his chance.

He even makes Malta goalkeeper Andrew Hogg look good in comparison even though the Malteser is pretty shit.

Agreed. When Bunn comes for a ball he lacks so much physical presence, he might as well be on Mars. He just gets himself in a Twirl when really he should just get some nuts and go for it.

Isn't it funny how 'Sky sources understand' Joe Hart might sign for us, then the odds tumble on Sky Bet. 

If I was a cynic, I'd think it was more than a coincidence :detect:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Isn't it funny how 'Sky sources understand' Joe Hart might sign for us, then the odds tumble on Sky Bet. 

Maybe they heard a wispa :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

Joe Hart is 8/1 to join Villa. 

For those who don't understand betting it means, If you bet £10 You lose £10. 

for those who dont understand betting if you bet £1m he'll become an odds on favourite to join villa

and you'll lose £1m...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

the independent slaughtered them on a few months back, i think it was over james rodriguez joining man utd, they wanted an investigation in to why they're allowed to do it

edit:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/james-rodriguez-real-madrid-to-manchester-united-transfer-sky-news-bets-gambling-a7741021.html

For an accurate sense of whether Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez would actually be of much use to Manchester United, consider how his managers have viewed him in the Spanish capital.

Rafa Benitez had one hell of a job with the player when at the Bernabeu helm, from 2015. President Florentino Perez wanted his galacticos playing and insisted that Benitez pick the Colombian, though the manager was perfectly aware of the training record. The player missed 42 out of 82 sessions through injury.

When he did play, he was was part of the Cristiano Ronaldo clique, also including Marcelo, who always looked for the Portuguese and did not pass to Gareth Bale when he was operating in a wide role. Benitez did not want Bale to be so isolated.

Under Zinedine Zidane this season, Rodriguez has not once played more than two consecutive games for Real and United are, quite frankly, not interested in the 25-year-old – a fact which made the now familiar routine involving two Sky companies on Tuesday morning as unsettling as ever, where this fleeting ‘drama’ is concerned.

Sky Sports News HQ runs the story that the player has been offered to United and implies the club are interested. The Sky Bet Twitter feed picks up some of his more flattering statistics. Sky Bet makes United the 3-1 favourites to sign him.

The Sky Bet market on the supposed transfer becomes so popular that all bets are suspended.  And Sky UK, the 20 per cent owner of Sky Bet, pockets the money for a deal which will not happen.

A few seasoned observers on Twitter expressed views on this process on Tuesday. “I’ll give it 48 hours before James Rodriguez says he’s happy at Madrid,” someone observed. It has happened before, with a Mesut Ozil to Manchester United another of the many.

"Oi @SkySportsNews, how much money did @SkyBet just make after you reported Man Utd wanted Mesut Ozil?" some tweeted at the time.

Though Sky Bet is now 80 per cent owned by CVC Capital Partners, the potential for a conflict of interest plainly exists because Sky Bet has a sister company which has the potential to influence and move the betting market. Sky Sports News does that all the time, though there is no suggestion that they do this knowingly for financial gain.

Sky Sports' internal rules are actually far more exacting than some might realise. Any Sky journalist found to be betting as a result of information received in the course of work would be subject to disciplinary action. That's more stringent than the BBC - which has no specific guidelines on that conduct, though which says it could be seen as a conflict of interest.

And arguably more so than The Independent, whose code of conduct compels its journalists to prevent any situation arising which is - or could be perceived as being - a conflict of interest. "The perception... can be as damaging as the reality," states the code.

The Gambling Commission responded a short statement on Wednesday, when asked about the potential conflict. “All operators are required to ensure gambling is conducted fairly and openly. If any evidence came to light that showed an operator was working with a news outlet to skew the market, then we would investigate.”

The scepticism will remain for as long as this dubious betting market for player and managerial moves exists, with all the opportunities it provides. It was when the national newspaper stories were published, from mid-afternoon on Tuesday, that the Rodriguez choreography - Real Madrid want to sell him and United have made no running - became clear. The bets had been laid by then.

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

I think we should really make the most of the free transfers and loans potentially available. A shame we didn't go in for George Boyd who went to Wednesday but some good possible players out there. I think goalkeeper and a winger are our most critical signings required. 

Goalkeeper; Ruddy (free)

Midfield; Ledley (free)

Winger; Kightly (free) or Piazon (loan), Moreno (loan - Man City), Patrick Roberts (loan)

2 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

I think we should really make the most of the free transfers and loans potentially available. A shame we didn't go in for George Boyd who went to Wednesday but some good possible players out there. I think goalkeeper and a winger are our most critical signings required. 

Goalkeeper; Ruddy (free)

Midfield; Ledley (free)

Winger; Kightly (free) or Piazon (loan), Moreno (loan - Man City), Patrick Roberts (loan)

Was impressed by McGeady last season but Grayson has wasted no time in taking hIm to Sunderland .

Not sure on ruddy - maybe we could do better than him .

I do not for a second believe we are going to sign Joe Hart, as someone else mentioned, the only chance we have of signing him is if there are no other offers for him and we make a loan offer last second on deadline day. 

He's got competition for the starting spot in goal for England. He would not risk his chances in a World cup year by joining a Championship side. I do not for a second believe he will be joining us, it makes literally no sense. To expensive for us and would be a weird and backwards move by him. Besides, I really don't care, as I think he may be the most overrated goalkeeper I have ever witnessed in my life, and if I was manager of England, he would be nowhere near starting goalkeeper. 

Also, people that seem to rate Ruddy have forgotten his two or three past seasons, he has been nothing more than shambolic. Even made some costly massive mistakes against Villa, there is a reason that he was released by Norwich, and I'm sure it is not because he rejected a new offer (though, I have no idea tbh). 

I feel like the most negative person in the world at the moment, but I also don't rate Johnstone, though he would be my pick above the other two, at least he got a lot of clean sheets last season. Look at Hart's record at Torino (conceded the 4th highest amounts of goals) and notice how no Italian teams are being seriously rumored to be interested. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 3

Tony tweeted GK situation is near sorted, unibet tweeted believe the unbelievable

if we do sign him...it'll be properly **** mental, I still can't see it happening unless it's a loan done at 11pm on deadline day, hart joining Torino says to me there's a desire to play football no matter what 

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

I do not for a second believe we are going to sign Joe Hart, as someone else mentioned, the only chance we have of signing him is if there are no other offers for him and we make a loan offer last second on deadline day. 

He's got competition for the starting spot in goal for England. He would not risk his chances in a World cup year by joining a Championship side. I do not for a second believe he will be joining us, it makes literally no sense. To expensive for us and would be a weird and backwards move by him. Besides, I really don't care, as I think he may be the most overrated goalkeeper I have ever witnessed in my life, and if I was manager of England, he would be nowhere near starting goalkeeper. 

Also, people that seem to rate Ruddy have forgotten his two or three past seasons, he has been nothing more than shambolic. Even made some costly massive mistakes against Villa, there is a reason that he was released by Norwich, and I'm sure it is not because he rejected a new offer (though, I have no idea tbh). 

I feel like the most negative person in the world at the moment, but I also don't rate Johnstone, though he would be my pick above the other two, at least he got a lot of clean sheets last season. Look at Hart's record at Torino (conceded the 4th highest amounts of goals) and notice how no Italian teams are being seriously rumored to be interested. 

Who would you have in goal for England? I've not watched international football since the Iceland debacle so bit clueless who the other contenders for England keeper are.

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Tony tweeted GK situation is near sorted, unibet tweeted believe the unbelievable

if we do sign him...it'll be properly **** mental, I still can't see it happening unless it's a loan done at 11pm on deadline day, hart joining Torino says to me there's a desire to play football no matter what 

That Unibet tweets interesting, but that said it could be about anything.