Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Steve Bruce created a Whatsapp Group.

Steve Bruce added 'Joe Hart'

"I want you, I'll give you time. But just to let you know I'm here, thinking about you. I'd love to see you at our place next season"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

As i said the other day, He would be guaranteed 1st choice keeper, We are likely to be live on sky 20+ times so he will get far more exposure than the 8-12 games that most of the crap prem teams get and surely it looks better to play 40+ games for a team that (hopefully) wins most of them rather than a mid/low prem team where you will be lucky to win more than 10 games and are generally only live on tv against the big teams which means a lot of picking the ball out of the net

With the camera focuses on terry for half the game he's bound to come into shot quite a few times too!

• Like 1

@avfctransfers1 has said he's heard nothing on Joe Hart as of yet, but if he does we'll be the first ones to know.

So until he says a medical is booked in I won't believe what I read.

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

@avfctransfers1 has said he's heard nothing on Joe Hart as of yet, but if he does we'll be the first ones to know.

So until he says a medical is booked in I won't believe what I read.

I follow that account as well.  But he did say Terry's medical was changed to London and he didnt know why so perhaps Hart would have a medical in Portugal?

As much as I would love to have Hart here, I just cannot see it happening. He must be on a ridiculous wage for a start.

1 minute ago, NIVillan said:

I follow that account as well.  But he did say Terry's medical was changed to London and he didnt know why so perhaps Hart would have a medical in Portugal?

If that was the case you would assume he would have heard that through someone at the club since he's on the medial staff, the fact he says he's heard nothing at all is the bit that sticks with me.

The irony of a Hart loan becoming permanent upon promotion to the Premier League, is that upon promotion Hart becomes surplus to requirements because he has shown he's not good enough at the higher level.  So in an albeit more convoluted way than normal, Villa would end up lumbered with hige priced over-rated rubbish again.

Villa poised to land Whelan

Aston Villa are set to win the race for Glenn Whelan after Derby ended their interest.

Villa boss Steve Bruce wants to bring in Republic of Ireland midfielder Whelan to add grit to his side.

He had been rivalling Rams manager Gary Rowett for the star’s signature after Stoke said Whelan could go.

But Mirror Sport understands Derby have now ended their interest in the midfielder, 33, who wants to link up with Bruce and Villa new-boy John Terry.

A deal is likely to be completed later this month once Villa have offloaded more of their unwanted flops.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-manchester-10739376

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

There could be an agreement between the clubs but whether Hart fancies it is another matter.

Yep, probably along the same lines as when small Heath put a contract on the table for terry....like asking out the fittest girl at school...'ahhhh, that's nice'!

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

The irony of a Hart loan becoming permanent upon promotion to the Premier League, is that upon promotion Hart becomes surplus to requirements because he has shown he's not good enough at the higher level.  So in an albeit more convoluted way than normal, Villa would end up lumbered with hige priced over-rated rubbish again.

Really? I think he would be good for us. He may not be top 4 quality anymore, but sounds like you don't rate him much. Even on a things go great trajectory under Tony and we get promoted next season, he'd still be good enough for us for 3-4 years at least. I think.

• Like 1

Just now, Rodders said:

Really? I think he would be good for us. He may not be top 4 quality anymore, but sounds like you don't rate him much. Even on a things go great trajectory under Tony and we get promoted next season, he'd still be good enough for us for 3-4 years at least. I think.

As long as no-one shoots low down to his left he'll be brilliant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

this Hart stuff, seems utterly mad. Feels a bit like the Solskjaer as manager affair. Can't imagine there is anything genuine in it.

Well he certainly seems to be in the algarve as are villa - coincidence or not .

As far as  medical goes it doesn't necessarily  have to be done in Birmingham .

Edited by Eastie