Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Because we've been told we have only a few million to spend and are currently bumping into the FFP threshold. We've also been advised that incomings are at least partially dependent on outgoings, and we're not going to raise anything close to £18m. 

Joe Hart would have to be clinically daft to come here in a World Cup year, why are people even entertaining the idea?

Unless we offer a loan with a purchase next Summer? Very interesting.

Hart would surely rate Villa above the Hammers or even Newcastle, especially as he knows Tony will spend like it's going out of fashion if we get promoted.

Either way, likely to run to the wire if Man Utd are waiting on Real Madrid for De Gea.

£18m sounds cheap.

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Unless we offer a loan with a purchase next Summer? Very interesting.

Hart would surely rate Villa above the Hammers or even Newcastle, especially as he knows Tony will spend like it's going out of fashion if we get promoted.

Either way, likely to run to the wire if Man Utd are waiting on Real Madrid for De Gea.

£18m sounds cheap.

Why would Hart rate villa above West Ham or newcastle ? He needs to be playing at top level to keep his World Cup place and Man City have made quite clear they will not consider another loan deal for him .

Had we been in the Premiership we may have got him but it's a non starter for me and I doubt we even enquired.

Wyness made quite clear yesterday we are in the pole seat for Johnstone and he's waiting to hear next week from united.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well I think it a good sign Johnstone would sign for us after having prem league offers. I know many don't rate the guy but he will be greatly strengthened with Terry in front of him, same would go for any keeper.

How bout we bid for Guzan then?

Champions!!

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll preface this by saying I think there's pretty much zero chance of Joe hart coming to Villa.

But I genuinely can't believe there are people actually turning their noses up at him :crylaugh: 

I'd love him here but it's not realistic in my opinion

Its World Cup year , he needs to be playing top level football and West Ham and Newcastle are after him .

Yes JT dropped down a level but in totally different circumstances .

i think Bruce missed a trick not going for stockdale who would surely have chosen villa over blues.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

Makes you wonder why Stockdale left Brighton tho after 3 seasons being number 1 there and getting promotion to the premier league to then sign for Birmingham?! Of all teams! 

Have to question the lads ambition. 

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Makes you wonder why Stockdale left Brighton tho after 3 seasons being number 1 there and getting promotion to the premier league to then sign for Birmingham?! Of all teams! 

Indeed , especially as Brighton wanted to keep him .

solid keeper , might just keep blues up ;) 

11 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Because they offered him more money or a longer contract than Brighton did? Or he might just be a fool and at what other club could he be guarantee being surrounded by so many like minds? :)

Edited by John
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll preface this by saying I think there's pretty much zero chance of Joe hart coming to Villa.

But I genuinely can't believe there are people actually turning their noses up at him :crylaugh: 

Couldn't agree more, Odds on him coming have been slashed today though oddly.

3 minutes ago, DevonVilla said:

Couldn't agree more, Odds on him coming have been slashed today though oddly.

Redknapp reported at Corals with a bitter face!

Glenn Whelan will be another good signing in terms of the blend.

Hopefully we can start to breed our own, with the right attitude and as the transfer windows come and go we can gradually bring down the average age.

I think we are on the right lines.

from a club that has made so many mistakes in the transfer market in recent years, I can see a way forward.

We have signed players with ability but have lacked the right character and application to make it work.

In Bruce/Round/Wyness I see a trio who are singing off the same Hymn sheet and have the same Nous to look at the right players.

Ps I remember in the past.....Managers who signed players and we the fans, just went with it, such was the confidence we had in those guys.....I am looking forward to those days again.

Edited by TRO

Bruce has signed predominantly players he knows thus far such as Terry, Hogan, Taylor, Lansbury and Hourihane, with I presume a few younger of overseas players recommended to him buy his/our scouting network such as Bree, and Bjarnason. It seems we have a varied approach, young, old, premiership/championship experience, overseas etc. Loan wise, we only have Johnstone to go by thus far. 

So we cannot say we are only buying old passed it players. We are looking for the right fit for each role. Terry fits the role of experienced, winning leader perfectly for me, as many others have said. I would hope he will add some control and stability to the defense but most importantly a winning attitude to the team. Something we have lacked for years. 

I would suggest what we need next is a similar thing in CM, and I would like Whelen myself, but would be happy with Ledley. Then, a quality pacey winger with premiership experience but not too old would work perfectly for me. I like Bakery Sako. he has one year left on his contract, only played 7 times last year, but did well for Wolves previously in the championship getting 15 goals in 41 games and making the team of the season in 14/15. He is 29 and was rumored to come here in January, bookies were offering 16/1. I would then say, with an addition ok a GK, probably SJ on loan, we have a team and squad more than capable to do the business. 

We are also 5th favorites to sign Crouch and Loftus-Cheek too https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials I'd love both to be honest. RLC would be a loan, but class player. Would fit in nicely alongside MJ and Whelen/HL in a midfield 3. Crouch would be class off the bench and to play a few when we go two up top, or for JK to go wide. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Agree on close to zero chance of him coming, and whilst I do not rate him as one of the best keepers in the world or anything he would be far and away the best goalkeeper we've had for a long time, probably since Bosnich. Even with the 3 or 4 howlers he will let in every year...

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gobsmacked if we get Hart - will take it with a pinch of salt until there's more bones to this story - could be lazy journalism.

Would be quite a coup though :)

anyone for Rooney?  :D

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1