London attack March 2017

sne

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Yup . I've been up there with RJW63 and that dude knows curry ! 

I've found a place in Marston Green thats good, no need to travel to terrorist areas anymore ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I want to piggyback onto this with a sincere question.

When the IRA were committing acts of terror on a regular basis, were all Irish people as a whole treated with the same vitriolic hatred and suspicion as all Muslims are?

By some, yes.

By others, no.

Just like today.

Anything bad done by anyone 'other' soon flushes out the scared, the opportunist and the ignorant.

Blacks, Germans, Catholics, Jews, Japanese, Irish, Gays, Huguenots, Muslims and Romanians. All we've got to do is get rid of them and this would be a crime free land of free milk and honey.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

By some, yes.

By others, no.

Just like today.

Anything bad done by anyone 'other' soon flushes out the scared, the opportunist and the ignorant.

Blacks, Germans, Catholics, Jews, Japanese, Irish, Gays, Huguenots, Muslims and Romanians. All we've got to do is get rid of them and this would be a crime free land of free milk and honey.

Don't forget the Welsh. Bloody Welsh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Between 1970 and 2005, the IRA are widely reported to have been responsible for around 19,000 IEDs - that's one every 17 hours, for 35 years.

There was an explosive attack on police in Northern Ireland THIS WEEK.

Three bombs have been successfully detonated by Islamic terrorists in the UK, also back in 2005.

I'm not suggesting Islamic terrorism isn't a threat, it is.  I'm not up for people suggesting it's the only threat we face, or that it's yet anywhere near the level we experienced in the past.

Ok my guess is that most of them were closer to 1970 than 2005 but 2005 is still the past. I wasn't aware of the attack in Northern Ireland this week and don't know if the IRA have claimed responsibility for it.  I just think the Islamic terrorism is a whole new level to the IRA. More global and far greater threat. The British army killing of innocent Catholic civilians in Derry in 1970 which was ordered by the British govt made things a whole lot worse.

55 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No it was no go zones for the Police that were full of Muslim terrorists I believ3e.

It doesn't say it was only Police here.

"An American "terrorism expert" on the right-wing Fox News channel has declared that Birmingham is "a totally Muslim" city "where non-Muslims just simply don't go".

Edited by Brumerican

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I feel sorry for this girl who's been turned into a viral hate meme by words removed like Richard Spencer.

3E86EF6A00000578-0-image-a-15_1490275083

Someone shared that picture on my Facebook yesterday, it made my blood boil. I deleted the someone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Someone shared that picture on my Facebook yesterday, it made my blood boil. I deleted the someone.

I decided to go completely off grid a few weeks ago. Times like this I feel totally vindicated in doing so. Not having these people I know even in my peripheral view is massively positive.

Our fair city is a hotbed of Islamic radicalism and radicalisation and as such it's watched very closely.

BUT, as others have rightly said the biggest single danger is for the public at large to be convinced by the media that the problem relates to 'all Muslims' because it clearly doesn't. 

There are some massive social issues that flow from the type of Islam being promoted in select mosques, the people who fund them and a fear by the authorities of addressing those problems robustly for fear of being labelled racist.

That liberal instinct is skilfully exploited by people with malign intent, particularly those with links to the sources of radicalism in Pakistan and Bangladesh - funded by Saudi Arabia.

It's an incredibly complex issue that has been mishandled by the political class for decades, focusing on a strategy geared towards Countering Violent Extremism (CVE). The real focus should always have been on Countering Extremism, as the violence aspect is just an inevitable outgrowth of the broad intolerance to British liberal society and social norms that is expressed as a religious obligation. 

It's a pointless and patently false narrative to say the phenomenon of Islamist terrorism has nothing to do with Islam, but it is fair to say it only represents a small niche of the faithful.

The focus needs to be on opposing the intolerance of western society that is perpetuated at the level below violence, in other words a battle of ideological narratives. 

The only credible proponents of that narrative must come from within the Muslim community, the difficulty for the State is giving them the necessary protection to carry out that work without discrediting them by association. 

The reality is the UK has a minority of citizens who now instinctly view the society they were born in to as their enemy, even if they don't actively fight against it. Turning that around is the most serious work of the next few decades. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

There was something I saw on the Twitter today along the lines of "every time you see an atrocity, you always see people helping too. Always" so as much as when bad gets done it flushes out the ignorant, the scared and the opportunist, it's important (to me at least) to remember that it also exposes the brave, the kind, wise and the gentle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

There was something I saw on the Twitter today along the lines of "every time you see an atrocity, you always see people helping too. Always" so as much as when bad gets done it flslushes out the ignorant, the scared and the opportunist, it's important (to me at least) to remember that it also exposes the brave, the kind, wise and the gentle.

It is thoughts like that were such a comfort to my uncle Albert, when he was returning home after bombing Dresden in 1945. 

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I want to piggyback onto this with a sincere question.

When the IRA were committing acts of terror on a regular basis, were all Irish people as a whole treated with the same vitriolic hatred and suspicion as all Muslims are?

The Irish had a very hard time in Brum in the 70's after the pub bombings. They were routinely beaten up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If it turns out as looks quite likely, the attacker was from Birmingham, do we ban all Brummies from flights and the like now?

Only brown ones with beards :)

Edited by Xela

Â