London attack March 2017

sne

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

You're saying that is somebody were on trial in the UK for planning a terrorist attack that the media would have no interest in reporting it?

Just think about that for a moment.

Didn't say that mate I said plots are foiled that are never covered just like certain news stories

Edited by Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

People at a religious conference putting their hands up when asked if they believe in their religion shocker

The people there will believe in death for homosexuals but you will be ranting about trump being homophobic :)

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

The people there will believe in death for homosexuals but you will be ranting about trump being homophobic :)

Yeah one is the president of the United States, what a silly comparison. 

59 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's the most powerful man in the world. Are you seriously comparing him to some random people in a room? Also what happened to freedom of speech?

Don't you think it's a concern that people who self identify as "normal" (not extreme) regular devout Sunni Muslims believe almost to a man (and it was pretty much all men, but that's another matter) who live in the West believe the most appropriate penalty for adultery and Homosexuality is stoning to death?

It suggests that they have not integrated into society in terms of taking on the Law of the country in which they live, that they consider ancient punishments more appropriate than modern law, for "crimes" which are not even "crimes" in the country in which they live.

I don't know the nature of that convention, but those people attending, probably good people at heart and in everyday deed holding such monumentally primitive views on sexuality and marriage is a problem for both them and the other inhabitants of that country.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

One of my closest mates works for MI5 and he told me they foiled various attacks, one massive one which could have been on scale of not bigger than 7/7 but it was not leaked to the media which I think was for the best.

So you have a friend in MI5 and he tells you where he works and what he knows from his work.

Would you say he was good at his job?

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So you have a friend in MI5 and he tells you where he works and what he knows from his work.

I thought spooks refer to themselves as 'civil servants' and then change the subject. :)

Edited by snowychap

Just now, snowychap said:

I thought spooks refer to themselves as 'civil servants' and then change the subject.

To be fair, my wife's a spy and that's why she's often away for weeks on end and I'm not to say anything if I ever see her out with her 'mark'.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sorry to quote you as this is aimed at Demitri but it builds upon a point.  There's also something called the Official Secrets Act.  I don't know if you're joking, pretending, or otherwise but in each case you're playing a silly game @Demitri_C  

Edited by trekka

I'd imagine* there's plenty of people who work for Mi5 who are entirely at liberty to divulge who they work for. Theres probably some people who work there who would be best keeping it to themselves. 

Spoiler

*i can only imagine as I'm sure I don't know anyone that works or has worked there  

55 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I thought spooks refer to themselves as 'civil servants' and then change the subject. :)

Either that or they say they work for a "sponsoring organisation".

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Wierd question!

Edited by Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, trekka said:

Sorry to quote you as this is aimed at Demitri but it builds upon a point.  There's also something called the Official Secrets Act.  I don't know if you're joking, pretending, or otherwise but in each case you're playing a silly game @Demitri_C  

Silly game what on earth are you talking about??

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It is the same.

Trump is judged by his opinions.

Trump judges Muslims by the extreme opinions they reveal when they answer polls about whether they think honour-killings and killing civilians is sometimes justified.

The polls reveal that in predominantly Muslim countries, a majority or a substantial proportion of the population think these things are sometimes justifiable.

Ultimately, the question is whether people should be judged by their opinions or not.

Sorry I have to pull you up on this because that's a bunch of crap.

Judging a person for their opinions (be it Trump, a Muslim or whoever) is perfectly justifiable. 

Judging (and then enacting a punishment on) a whole group because of the opinions of a proportion of that group is not justifiable. 

Clearly the two instances are different. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Silly game what on earth are you talking about??

Firstly, do you think it's wise to admit on a message forum that you have a friend who works there? Secondly, do you think it's wise to admit on a message forum that he tells you things? 

Â