London attack March 2017

sne

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Maybe we aren't viewing the same websites ? The places I'm seeing it  they are basically saying  what about the white guy why aren't you tweeting about him... from the comments and tone that's definitely not mocking internet wit it's as I said , dragging another person into a point scoring exercise that shouldn't have even started to begin with....

it is NOT point scoring.

Yes, it is "why did you not mention the white guy?" If you're so outraged by walking, why single out the asian woman?

They are not in ANY WAY suggesting the white man has done anything wrong. It is highlighting how **** ridiculous it was to bring it up it in the first place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Just to be clear, people posting the picture of the white man do not think he has done anything wrong. They are not point scoring. It is not "look, white people do it too", it's "why have you only chose to highlight an asian woman out of context, you racist piece of shit".

But they still post a picture of a potentially innocent man. Which could ruin his life the way the insane judges and executioners of social media have dine to countless others. Posting the pic of the Muslim lady IS wrong, posting the pic of the white man to counter it is just as bad and not justifiable at all IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

But they still post a picture of a potentially innocent man. Which could ruin his life the way the insane judges and executioners of social media have dine to countless others. Posting the pic of the Muslim lady IS wrong, posting the pic of the white man to counter it is just as bad and not justifiable at all IMO.

but that's not the point though :bang: of course he's innocent. that is the point.

come on guys, this is elementary.

It's crazy what I witnessed in prison . You've got sex offenders turning Muslim just has a form of protection ,and to me that is just a total insult to the faith, but it seemed ,to me ,like most of the other Muslims were okay with that ,I mean ,come on, you can't get more disingenuous than that,and anyway, even if there is an heaven ,your telling me there letting in sex offenders ,if that's the case ,I'll take the stairs down. 

I think your missing the point I'm making. I understand what you are saying, I'm saying its not justifiable at all knowing how people on social media treat these things. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's crazy what I witnessed in prison . You've got sex offenders turning Muslim just has a form of protection ,and to me that is just a total insult to the faith, but it seemed ,to me ,like most of the other Muslims were okay with that ,I mean ,come on, you can't get more disingenuous than that,and anyway, even if there is an heaven ,your telling me there letting in sex offenders ,if that's the case ,I'll take the stairs down. 

The **** is this shit?

• Like 1

A fourth victim has now died. A 75 year old man who has had his life support machine switched off. They said last night that 4 people, excluding the attacker, had died, and then changed that to 3 people this morning so I assume that the confusion came as this fella was on life support. Let's hope he is the last one from this attack to lose his life.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

it's almost as though it's more of a gang membership thing among offenders in under resourced prisons, rather than a profound conversion to a faith

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I think your missing the point I'm making. I understand what you are saying, I'm saying its not justifiable at all knowing how people on social media treat these things. 

ah ok fair enough, sorry I got your point mixed up. I don't think tonyh is on your page though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

glad it's not just me then :)

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

ah ok fair enough, sorry I got your point mixed up. I don't think tonyh is on your page though.

He's said almost  exactly what I saying :wacko: 

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

it's almost as though it's more of a gang membership thing among offenders in under resourced prisons, rather than a profound conversion to a faith

That's exactly what it is . .A form of protection so they can mingle with the general population ,but to me it's an insult to the religion .

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Absolutely.  I believe the conventional thinking in prisons was for a while to separate criminal Islamists in jail from each other but the result was that more non-Muslim offenders would get converted due to the gang mentality.  

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think we have more sympathisers than terrorists which is still alarming. You make some good points but I just think we let people with extremist views get away with too much. Demos on our streets, prisons being run by extremists, allowing  known extremists to speak on mosques or other functions, schools teaching and enforcing extremist views etc etc. This should not be allowed. If they hate our way of life do much and want to live under strict Islamic law then move to Saudi Arabia or Somalia.

I do find it amusing that those who live in almost 100% white areas with little to no actual Muslim contact have such strong views about the subject and seem to know so much :)

BUT MUSLIMS NEVER SPEAK OUT

Labour Party lawmaker Khalid Mahmood, who represents part of Birmingham, condemned the “barbaric attack” and urged his fellow Muslims to report concerns about radicalization to the police.

“We have to condemn this outright,” he said. “There are no ifs or buts. This is a hugely tragic incident. These people do not belong to any faith. They certainly don’t belong to my faith of Islam.”

Mahmood said the attacker and those like him “should be condemned by everybody and this shouldn’t serve as a tool for division within our community.”

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I do find it amusing that those who live in almost 100% white areas with little to no actual Muslim contact have such strong views about the subject and seem to know so much :)

That's a tad unfair  , most people never met Trump doesn't stop them  forming a rather one sided view on him one way or another  

a lot of the examples he gave have happened so even if he's never met a Muslim he does have tv / internet and access to media to be able to form an opinion , same way as someone could form an opinion on many subjects

it doesn't make the view a correct view but I don't think you have to live in Islamabad to be able to express that view

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That's a tad unfair  , most people never met Trump doesn't stop them  forming a rather one sided view on him one way or another  

a lot of the examples he gave have happened so even if he's never met a Muslim he does have tv / internet and access to media to be able to form an opinion , same way as someone could form an opinion on many subjects

it doesn't make the view a correct view but I don't think you have to live in Islamabad to be able to express that view

Id does seem to be a common correlation though that people hate / fear the things they don't understand. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

He's said almost  exactly what I saying :wacko: 

I've read your post again tony and I've misinterpreted it too, sorry chap. I still disagree that it is fair to describe it as point scoring from those who are responding to the original tweet - it is absolutely vile and the kind of attitude that needs to be countered and questioned as strongly as possible, particularly in the climate after an event like this.

• Like 1

Â