London attack March 2017

sne

1 minute ago, Xela said:

The Irish had a very hard time in Brum in the 70's after the pub bombings. They were routinely beaten up. 

They had the same problem as ordinary Muslims who are supposed to explain terrorism.

They were asked to explain but in reality were only allowed to unequivocally condemn it and were not allowed any caveat which might explain the historical perspective.

So they kept quiet and no one learned anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

There's even a video of her helping out, but I can't even find it anymore. Meanwhile that picture is viral. I hate this world sometimes.

I wish you could find that video mate as I have a few mongrels on facebook who I'd love to share it with and ram their racist bile down their throats.

By the way look at this white guy walking past without a care in the world it seems. Don't think it has gone viral though.

london-terror-attack-873500.jpg

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I wish you could find that video mate as I have a few mongrels on facebook who I'd love to share it with and ram their racist bile down their throats.

By the way look at this white guy walking past without a care in the world it seems. Don't think it has gone viral though.

I'll try to find it for you mate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Ok my guess is that most of them were closer to 1970 than 2005 but 2005 is still the past. I wasn't aware of the attack in Northern Ireland this week and don't know if the IRA have claimed responsibility for it.  I just think the Islamic terrorism is a whole new level to the IRA. More global and far greater threat. The British army killing of innocent Catholic civilians in Derry in 1970 which was ordered by the British govt made things a whole lot worse.

If we're talking notable bombings, your guess would be woefully wide of the mark.  It's hard to find documentation of every single incident, but of the notable ones many seem to have been a lot more recent than you'd think.  Including this one in 1992 -

23 September The Provisional IRA detonated a 3,700 lb bomb[39] at the Northern Ireland forensic science laboratory in south Belfast. The laboratory was obliterated, 700 houses were damaged, and 20 people were injured.[40] 490 owner and occupiers claim for damages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bombings_during_the_Northern_Ireland_Troubles_and_peace_process

I don't disagree that 2005 is in the past.  Strictly speaking so is yesterday.  So how far in the past does it have to be to be forgiven and forgotten?  The last Islamic terrorist bombing in the UK was in 2005 too, soooo....

In terms of Islamic terrorism being on a whole new level to the IRA, I totally disagree.  Read my post again.  A bomb detonated (some attacks used more than one device) within the UK on average EVERY SEVENTEEN HOURS FOR THIRTY-FIVE YEARS.  It's absolutely staggering.  More global, yes.  Far greater threat?  Only if you believe the papers.  Read that quote above - a 3,700lb bomb that damaged 700 houses.  That's like a full-on act of war.

Yes, the killing of innocent civilians made things worse in the Irish troubles.  No doubt.  Similar to the child killed in the US Marine operation in Yemen in February.  And the countless others killed by drones, soldiers, missile strikes since we very kindly went to the Middle East to liberate them and make them safer.

Your original post made a clear statement that terrorism in Ireland wasn't a threat any more.  Maybe not to you, but I urge you to take a look at this list on the BBC website, which again goes to show that the media are amplifying the idea of an Islamic threat while offering far less coverage to the dozens of terrorist attacks being committed against British passport holders on British soil every year.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Whoever is on twitter put this photo on that Richards page see what that clown has to say

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I feel sorry for this girl who's been turned into a viral hate meme by words removed like Richard Spencer.

3E86EF6A00000578-0-image-a-15_1490275083

And as Jamie Lorriman clearly knows, the right way to react to a situation like that isn't to go and offer assistance yourself, but to get your camera out and start taking pictures of somebody you deem to be not helping enough.

The pr*ck.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If we're talking notable bombings, your guess would be woefully wide of the mark.  It's hard to find documentation of every single incident, but of the notable ones many seem to have been a lot more recent than you'd think.  Including this one in 1992 -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bombings_during_the_Northern_Ireland_Troubles_and_peace_process

I don't disagree that 2005 is in the past.  Strictly speaking so is yesterday.  So how far in the past does it have to be to be forgiven and forgotten?  The last Islamic terrorist bombing in the UK was in 2005 too, soooo....

In terms of Islamic terrorism being on a whole new level to the IRA, I totally disagree.  Read my post again.  A bomb detonated (some attacks used more than one device) within the UK on average EVERY SEVENTEEN HOURS FOR THIRTY-FIVE YEARS.  It's absolutely staggering.  More global, yes.  Far greater threat?  Only if you believe the papers.  Read that quote above - a 3,700lb bomb that damaged 700 houses.  That's like a full-on act of war.

Yes, the killing of innocent civilians made things worse in the Irish troubles.  No doubt.  Similar to the child killed in the US Marine operation in Yemen in February.  And the countless others killed by drones, soldiers, missile strikes since we very kindly went to the Middle East to liberate them and make them safer.

Your original post made a clear statement that terrorism in Ireland wasn't a threat any more.  Maybe not to you, but I urge you to take a look at this list on the BBC website, which again goes to show that the media are amplifying the idea of an Islamic threat while offering far less coverage to the dozens of terrorist attacks being committed against British passport holders on British soil every year.

Yes I accept I was wrong in saying it is no longer a threat. I remember  the Birmingham pub bombings and the aftermath of it. it was horrible to live through so in no way will I make small of it.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He's a nazi piece of shit who needs a good kicking.

He's a nobody who will now get the publicity he craves 

i suppose the fact that we say the terrorirsts  win if we respond to their actions whilst responding to internet trolls is indicative of where we are these days in the social media era

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Well done. Bet that cretin won't say anything about that

If he's a twitter user then he will have already seen the twitter "campaign" telling users to respond to anyone posting the Muslim woman with that very same photo of the man

i dunno , I see the need to present an alternative view and confront his ignorance , but one of the gripes was him using the Muslim woman photo without context , only for the offended people to post another photo without context , seems a little hypercritical (and unfair to the white man in the photo)

terrorism shouldn't be used for point scoring imo , I'd rather we focused on the actions of those people that did respond ,those people going about their everyday life who sprung into action without hesitation ...

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If he's a twitter user then he will have already seen the twitter "campaign" telling users to respond to anyone posting the Muslim woman with that very same photo of the man

i dunno , I see the need to present an alternative view and confront his ignorance , but one of the gripes was him using the Muslim woman photo without context , only for the offended people to post another photo without context , seems a little hypercritical (and unfair to the white man in the photo)

terrorism shouldn't be used for point scoring imo , I'd rather we focused on the actions of those people that did respond ,those people going about their everyday life who sprung into action without hesitation ...

seriously? it's irony. the whole point is that there's absolutely nothing in the photo of the white man, same as the asian girl.

12 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

What gives you the impression we have a soft underbelly? As Trent as alluded to in previous posts what we have here is a democratic, liberal and tolerant society that allows free speech and people to follow whatever religion they choose be it Christianity, Buddhism, Islam,  Sikhism, Cathology, Judaism etc etc and just like the atheists amongst us 99.999% of them do so in a peaceful manner.

What we won’t tolerate is extremists but you can’t tackle that at the expense of being the things I mention above, being a liberal, democratic, tolerant society, as if you do then you are giving the extremists the biggest victory they will ever achieve. It is what they want.

I was speaking to someone at work earlier about all this and we both agreed that given how easy it is to simply get in a vehicle and mow tens of people down or take out a kitchen knife and stab someone you’d think it would be more widespread and we’d have more of these type of terrorist attacks. The reason we don’t is that I don’t think we have as many of the extremists amongst us as some believe. They are a tiny minority that need addressing but you don’t do that by becoming an intolerant society.

I think we have more sympathisers than terrorists which is still alarming. You make some good points but I just think we let people with extremist views get away with too much. Demos on our streets, prisons being run by extremists, allowing  known extremists to speak on mosques or other functions, schools teaching and enforcing extremist views etc etc. This should not be allowed. If they hate our way of life do much and want to live under strict Islamic law then move to Saudi Arabia or Somalia.

I think its sick that we judge people by one picture captured in a micro second of their lives and the moment they are experiencing. That Muslim lady looks upset and might just be rushing past to get home while she is scared witless and can't face the true depravity and monstrousness of what is front of her. Same as that bloke. How do we know they haven't been helping others outside of those photos? To use either photo as a point scoring exercise is sickening, from both sides. By using that picture of the white man no one knows anything about to counter the supposed cowardness of the lady you could be opening him up to a world of social media uber hate when he could be completely innocent, we all know the general populace of social media are shirt fused angsty unreasonable hate mongerers so to turn these people over to the unruly mob of twitter et al is just crazy. I **** hate what social media has turned people into. I truly do.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

They are mocking the original tweet by presenting another image with the same scene replacing the asian woman with a white man. They are not suggesting the white man is at fault, they are comparing the two images to highlight the ridiculousness of the conclusion drawn from the original photo.

Maybe we aren't viewing the same websites ? The places I'm seeing it  they are basically saying  what about the white guy why aren't you tweeting about him... from the comments and tone that's definitely not mocking internet wit it's as I said , dragging another person into a point scoring exercise that shouldn't have even started to begin with....

Just to be clear, people posting the picture of the white man do not think he has done anything wrong. They are not point scoring. It is not "look, white people do it too", it's "why have you only chose to highlight an asian woman out of context, you racist piece of shit".

• Like 3

Â