17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, romavillan said:

If Wolves do blow up and don't beat Cardiff, it makes it harder for us, I think we need them to run away with first, beating Cardiff in the process. then Cardiff come to Villa Park straight afterwards, if they've just been beat by Wolves and then we beat them we are massively in with a shout for second.

Fulham are a bigger threat than Cardiff for me ,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Junxs said:

I've been looking at our results, it wasn't just the first 3 games, it was the first 7. We only beat Norwich in the middle, the other 6 we only only picked up 4 points.

7 points from the first 7 games, you don't realise how important each and every game is - even at the start of the season.

we've picked up 62 points from the 29 games since.  if we had that ratio from the off, we'd be on 77 points, above Wolves by 1 point - and it would have been todays game that took us above them.

Yes but after 3 games we had 1 point they had 9 - so over the last 33 games we are above them by one point still .

7 hours ago, villa82 said:

They can lose vs cardiff and boro, and still stay above us, the gap is seven points. Hopefully wolves now do their best against cardiff. We need Cardiff to lose a game or two before we play them. 

Cardiff got some hard games now, away at Brentford, Derby, SheffU and us. Home vs Wolves. 

We and Fulham plays the same five teams, also the same teams home/away. If we can take the same number of points as them in those five games we should finish above them. (Fulham have only four other games, we have five) 

Yes they woukd onky be one point ahead of us if that were to happen I would expect them to absolutely implode.

They have hit a wobble at the wrong time.  Its simple you take the game to wolves like we did and take yoyr chances wolves struggle. Us and fulham have shown they are not unbeatable.

If we did not start the season so badly and have all the injuries we have i think we would be top now.

Do not underestimate how much a kick in the teeth last nights result was to Fulham!

Its all well and good winning games but when you are not getting any closer its demoralising....especially in games you expect your opposition to drop points!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 3

Absolutely brilliant result. We are showing at the right time that we are hitting our prime.

This result was huge for a number of reasons. The biggest for me being that we know we can beat anyone in the league, comprehensively.

It's not guaranteed that we will get automatic promotion, but it is guaranteed that we can beat anyone in the playoff places on our day.

Keep winning and hopefully we will get a top 2 place, but if we don't, forget about what any of us fear about the playoffs, this Villa team is ready to face anyone and win.

I don't want to predict where they will drop points, but Cardiff have Derby, Sheffield United and Wolves to play before we meet them again.

Could be a very important fixture if we hold form.

57 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Do not underestimate how much a kick in the teeth last nights result was to Fulham!

Its all well and good winning games but when you are not getting any closer its demoralising....especially in games you expect your opposition to drop points!

Was thinking this, I keep looking at their results and bemoaning the fact they keep winning. I wonder how many of them are now looking at us and thinking we just won't be stopped now. Especially with Cardiff coming here in the back of their minds.

On to the matter of league champions, Wolves run in has so many truly awful sides that they will stick pick up another 7 or 8 wins comfortably i think.