17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This league is totallly crazy isn’t it!? It’s very entertaining even if the football isn’t quite PL standard. 

I am suprised by the standard in the top of the Championship. We don't have the top players like Aguero, Sane and Pogba, but only the top 6-7 teams in the Pl have them. Bristol City vs both the Manchester teams, Derby vs ManU, Wolves vs ManC and others too have good results. The Championship is more fun too!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This league is totallly crazy isn’t it!? It’s very entertaining even if the football isn’t quite PL standard. 

Much more entertaining this league in my opinion. The PL has its own mini league and has become stale in my opinion and with the money I fear will end up getting worse, obviously I want us to get promoted but in terms of entertainment I think the championship has been better atleast this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's annoying that Cardiff are doing so well, but we can absolutely do it, Wolves could be the one that crumbles.

There's an argument that we've raised our game because others have, fine for me if we stay on their shoulder till the home strait then pull a Mo Farah on them. 

I hate being in the championship and generally the standard is pretty terrible, but I love the two games a week and it’s nice being in a league that’s actually competitive and can be won by anyone. It also just feels more real than the PL which is now just television companies helping individual players sell their brand. 

• Like 4

Performance of the season.

They proved they could cope under the pressure of playing at a rocking VP against an elite team.

That said, I was a bit surprised with how cynical some of those Wolves players were. They know how to mix it up. Loved the fact the Villa lads rose above it and stuck to their task. Showed how much belief they have that a Top 2 position should be theirs.

Don't think Cardiff will look forward to VP.

Next 4 games for Villa, the best team we'll face is 16th in the league.

A Villa team playing like that could win all 4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I hate being in the championship and generally the standard is pretty terrible, but I love the two games a week and it’s nice being in a league that’s actually competitive and can be won by anyone. It also just feels more real than the PL which is now just television companies helping individual players sell their brand. 

I much prefer the feel of the games in this division, the PL is sterile.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's annoying that Cardiff are doing so well, but we can absolutely do it, Wolves could be the one that crumbles.

I think we will blow them to pieces at villa park and they play wolves just a few days earlier - still feel Fulham are the big danger but if we keep winning we will get there .

amazing league and so much more enjoyable the the premier league - will miss it if we go up but o fancy us strongly to get up 

As for the wobbling wolves - mind the gap indeed :)

‘those who say they are far better than us - we have taken more points in the last 33 games than wolves have done - the only difference was the first 3 games when we were still bringing in players . 

‘I believe fulham or villa will finish 2nd and whichever doesn’t will go up in the play offs .

Bring it on !

I just don't believe that this group of players will let their guard down again this season. They will be treating each and every last game with respect and we have goals accross the team. Heck, if we stay injury free, we can absolutely win every one of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I just don't believe that this group of players will let their guard down again this season. They will be treating each and every last game with respect and we have goals accross the team. Heck, if we stay injury free, we can absolutely win every one of them. 

Agreed , many are playing to stay here and motivation Is high 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Next 4 games for Villa, the best team we'll face is 16th in the league.

A Villa team playing like that could win all 4.

I would like to use these games to give a bit more game time to the likes of Lansbury or maybe even Bree. Maybe drop Snodgrass and Hourihane to the bench for a game just to rest them a bit.

We need everyone fit in April (Cardiff, Derby,...) and, if we're unlucky, in the play-offs

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AXD said:

I would like to use these games to give a bit more game time to the likes of Lansbury or maybe even Bree. Maybe drop Snodgrass and Hourihane to the bench for a game just to rest them a bit.

We need everyone fit in April (Cardiff, Derby,...) and, if we're unlucky, in the play-offs

No way - there is a 2 week break after next week - play our strongest team all the way 

• Like 3

In the last 30 games between us, Villa, fulham and cardiff have lost only one game (us at Fulham) and five draws. We had 3 wins before those last ten games too. All 3 clubs must be frustrated by the other teams form. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

As for Wolves, we've literally just raped them at a time they were feeling a little bit unsure - this will haunt them.

Humiliated and a few of their fans on here saying how we’d be lucky to get a draw - since Xmas wolves are not in the top 3 , if that continues they will find themselves going nowhere - mind the gap haha ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, villa82 said:

In the last 30 games between us, Villa, fulham and cardiff have lost only one game (us at Fulham) and five draws. We had 3 wins before those last ten games too. All 3 clubs must be frustrated by the other teams form. 

Indeed , quite amazing the form of all 3 in recent weeks - fulham are on the best run in their entire history