17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can they go to boro and win? Can they beat cardiff? I think they will drop points there. As long as we continuing winning we can close the gap.

Ensure we don't do a villa and mess it up against QPR

They can lose vs cardiff and boro, and still stay above us, the gap is seven points. Hopefully wolves now do their best against cardiff. We need Cardiff to lose a game or two before we play them. 

Cardiff got some hard games now, away at Brentford, Derby, SheffU and us. Home vs Wolves. 

We and Fulham plays the same five teams, also the same teams home/away. If we can take the same number of points as them in those five games we should finish above them. (Fulham have only four other games, we have five) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa82 said:

They can lose vs cardiff and boro, and still stay above us, the gap is seven points. Hopefully wolves now do their best against cardiff. We need Cardiff to lose a game or two before we play them. 

Cardiff got some hard games now, away at Brentford, Derby, SheffU and us. Home vs Wolves. 

We and Fulham plays the same five teams, also the same teams home/away. If we can take the same number of points as them in those five games we should finish above them. (Fulham have only four other games, we have five) 

I really hope they beat Cardiff, they're the team we're chasing first and foremost. I also think Wolves will bounce back as they're a quality team so I'm not expecting them not to win the league.

Can Fulham continue their excellent form? They're a real worry right now, but as long as we keep our focus on ourselves we should be able to keep them from catching us.

Incredibly important win today. Just what we needed.

• Like 1

Cardiff are away to Brentford and Derby their next two games - could be a big opportunity to draw level, maybe go ahead. Then 2 games later away to shef U and playing wolves at home. I can smell it!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I too was at the game. I definitely heard loud boos when some of their better Mendez players had the ball. The atmosphere was great today.

’Let the league deal with the rules’. But what if the league aren’t looking close enough and other teams have concerns? It’s got to be raised. There’s a Birmingham Mail article saying that we were offered Bonatini in the summer but couldn’t afford him, which is possibly one of the reasons we’ve raised this concern about Wolves’ funding.

But Grabban was better, poetic justice finds a way.

Funny that we're the exact antithesis of bloosers right now. We're third from the top, they're third from the bottom. We have the second highest goal difference, they have the second worse. We're going up, they're going down. We smell fresh n clean, they're shit...

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Funny that we're the exact antithesis of bloosers right now. We're third from the top, they're third from the bottom. We have the second highest goal difference, they have the second worse. We're going up, they're going down. We smell fresh n clean, they're shit...

Yes its a great time for us. Still, a big chance that we are both in the championship next season :wacko:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa82 said:

Yes its a great time for us. Still, a big chance that we are both in the championship next season :wacko:

I know, it was more of an "as it stands" kinda thing and in jest. Long way to go and until it's a sealed deal I'll take nothing for granted. UTV!

• Like 1

Just realised that Snodgrass has the most assists in the league now and Lewis Grabban is 3rd top scorer with Albert 5th. I still don’t believe that we can catch Wolves as they have 2 easy home games this week but surely we can overtake Cardiff although they seem to have a knack of being the worse Team in matches but winning.

1 minute ago, stegzy said:

Just realised that Snodgrass has the most assists in the league now and Lewis Grabban is 3rd top scorer with Albert 5th. I still don’t believe that we can catch Wolves as they have 2 easy home games this week but surely we can overtake Cardiff although they seem to have a knack of being the worse Team in matches but winning.

Yup, Albert is on 14 which is hella good with Grabban already on 4 for us. I think Cardiff will crumble to Wolves which will put them under pressure. Still very much open, and when we finally play them the better team will come out on top. 

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

Dont think Cardiff will have any problems disposing of Brentford. Derby and Sheffield have fallen away now. Wolves is the big one. All we need is a draw there and we can take care of Cardiff at home. But we must keep winning. This is the issue. We cant afford to drop more than 1 game. Naturally there will be one or two upsets along the way for all the top 6. 

Going to go to the wire. April will be really interesting. Wolves Cardiff and VIlla Cardiff. 

If we win our next three games then our ppg will finally be 2.00 for the entire season. It's currently at 1.92, with our current form ppg for the last 8 games at 2.38. Isn't that what we said would be enough to take us up at the beginning of the season...

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

‘those who say they are far better than us - we have taken more points in the last 33 games than wolves have done - the only difference was the first 3 games when we were still bringing in players . 

I've been looking at our results, it wasn't just the first 3 games, it was the first 7. We only beat Norwich in the middle, the other 6 we only only picked up 4 points.

7 points from the first 7 games, you don't realise how important each and every game is - even at the start of the season.

we've picked up 62 points from the 29 games since.  if we had that ratio from the off, we'd be on 77 points, above Wolves by 1 point - and it would have been todays game that took us above them.

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I've been looking at our results, it wasn't just the first 3 games, it was the first 7. We only beat Norwich in the middle, the other 6 we only only picked up 4 points.

7 points from the first 7 games, you don't realise how important each and every game is - even at the start of the season.

we've picked up 62 points from the 29 games since.  if we had that ratio from the off, we'd be on 77 points, above Wolves by 1 point - and it would have been todays game that took us above them.

we never do things the easy way. Its the villa way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

:D

Statto.thumb.jpg.8ae88dd32d323760814c881769a4d292.jpg

• Haha 1