17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

I'm surprised people aren't mentioning Sheffield United in Cardiff's run in. That could easily be another fixture where they drop points.

Yep another team with  plenty to fight for . 

‘If Cardiff take 10 points from wolves , sheff Utd , derby brentford and villa then fair play to them .

more likely to take 5 at best .

Edited by Eastie

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yes Fulham look unstoppable right now, but you know who else does? We do. 10 wins from 12 with just 1 loss. That is incredible form. We're the team to fear now.

I bet Fulham are wondering how they’re ever going to get above us. We look so solid. Fingers crossed Cardiff lose two... that’s all it would take!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I bet Fulham are wondering how they’re ever going to get above us. We look so solid. Fingers crossed Cardiff lose two... that’s all it would take!

Must be soul destroying -nbest run in their entire history and still not gaining ground . 

• Like 4

If only we could have got a draw against Fulham a few weeks ago, they'd be 4 points behind us rather than 1, with our game in hand on Tuesday then that could've been 7.

It really is very tight right now, will go to the wire 

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

If only we could have got a draw against Fulham a few weeks ago, they'd be 4 points behind us rather than 1, with our game in hand on Tuesday then that could've been 7.

It really is very tight right now, will go to the wire 

I said at the time a win there would have put paid to any chance of them catching up, shame really. I

• Like 1

Would you want to be in Fulhams place? We beat qpr and they are 4 behind us on worse goal difference. Not to mention potentially 8 behind cardiff. And this after the best run in their history.

I'll take where we are thanks.

17 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Got a horrible feeling it might come down to last game of the season with us needing a win at Millwall or hoping  sma get something off fulham at the sty.

Prefer to hammer derby and clinch it in the last home game - the party would be immense ;)

Edited by Eastie

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Qpr is the kind of banana skin fixture we will mess up on. It was a huge win yesterday and I am thrilled but we must focus. No point winning yesterday if we 're going to drop points against QPR.

Holloway is playing a few of his younger lads in the last games for experience - I see another goal bonanza 6-0 villa 

• Like 1

Fulham definitely have the easiest run in but they do have some potential banana skin games against Norwich, Sheff Weds,  Brentford and Millwall. If they lose 2 or draw 2 of their remaining games games then that is 3 or 4 games we have to lose for them to catch up. Obviously that could happen but it would have to be an almighty turn around.

I love how we now have not 1, not 2, but 3 players ( Jack, Terry, Snodders) that annoy the hell out of opposition fans ( and know it, and relish it).

Exactly the type of players we hate when they play for the other team.

Three !! 

I can barely think of one in the last 10 years other than Gabby v Blues.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I love how we now have not 1, not 2, but 3 players ( Jack, Terry, Snodders) that annoy the hell out of opposition fans ( and know it, and relish it).

Exactly the type of players we hate when they play for the other team.

Three !! 

I can barely think of one in the last 10 years other than Gabby v Blues.

I think Hutton has that effect too as he can get shirty with the opposition and do the odd wrencher or a tackle. Also, when Lansbury is in the field, which isn’t that often now, he seems to really wind other players up.

• Like 1