17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Brentford been great at home in last two months. I can easily see Cardiff with injuries only drawing that.

I can see them getting well beaten to be honest Chris . 

‘With Cardiff at derby on Sunday I can see us being above them next weekend and Fulham being 2 points behind them, with Cardiff still to play wolves and villa .

Make no mistake if Cardiff turn over brentford and derby both away this week I will reconsider but I can see Cardiff taking one point from 6 at best this week .

There will be many twists and turns to come yet . 

Edited by Eastie

Alot of teams in good form but let's see who can take a knock back and recover .We did we lost against Fulham , drew against Preston and for the fh against Shef Wednesday looked in trouble but we battled back won and won again last night .For me Cardiff are grinding out wins but not been convincing one loss and think they could slump. 

Also Wolves had one good result Leeds in last 5 but apart from that have been struggling to put a run together , they had a nice lead that has been eroded and they might start feeling the pressure and slip up futher

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Love seeing warnocks reaction when they lose! 

Two villa fans this week  in dean  smith and rowett will relish getting on warnocks tits . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I can see them getting well beaten to be honest Chris . 

‘With Cardiff at derby on Sunday I can see us being above them next weekend and Fulham being 2 points behind them, with Cardiff still to play wolves and villa .

Make no mistake if Cardiff turn over brentford and derby both away this week I will reconsider but I can see Cardiff taking one point from 6 at best this week .

There will be many twists and turns to come yet . 

Really? Cardiff are winning home games by a single goal against bottom 4 teams and they're going to go away and smash Brentford. Don't see it.

Brentford still have a slim chance of top 6 so they'll still be motivation aswell.

Edit: Sorry misread your post!

Edited by VillaChris

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Really? Cardiff are winning home games by a single goal against bottom 4 teams and they're going to go away and smash Brentford. Don't see it.

Brentford still have a slim chance of top 6 so they'll still be motivation aswell.

No  , You have misread it -  meant I can see brentford doing to them what they did to us - cant see Cardiff Winning at brentford or derby as my post you quoted said . 

‘You been on the whiskey again ;)

Edited by Eastie

4 hours ago, villa82 said:

Fulham are the better team. But we are four points behind Cardiff, to beat them we need to win a lot of games, and Cardiff must drop points. To beat Fulham we "only" have to win our own games.

Good form for Cardiff, 2 points pr game, and they end on 93 points. Thats 6 wins, draw 2 and lose 2. They have  5 "difficult" games left, including Brentford away. This can be done for Cardiff. 

To beat 93 points Fulham have to win the rest of their games. One draw and they finish on 93 points. Can be done, but what a run they would need.

for us to finish on 93 points we need 24 points. 8 wins or 7 wins and draw 3. I guess we ends around 91 points, 6 wins, lose one and draw 3. If so Fulham will still struggle to beat us, but Cardiff are the bigger threat.

It's a mentality thing as well. Now our confidence should be sky high, the team knows that all they need to do is to perform to their abilities and we will be fine.

Cardiff seem to be grinding out narrow wins, but it's different trying to get into a position rather than defending it. For the next couple of months they have everything to loose every game they play, and they don't have enough quality to stay in the race in my opinion.  Fulham similar. 

I doubt we will finish above Wolves, but I think both Fulham and Cardiff fear us, much more than we fear them. A few weeks ago we were talking about Derby. Where are they now? I think the same will happen to Cardiff and Fulham eventually.

Yesterday's win will no doubt scare them. 

But we haven't achieved anything by murdering Wolves if we don't win our easy fixtures. Every game is massive from now on and in. And I think we are much better suited to live with that than Cardiff or Fulham.  Now is where the experience of SB and JT and others really starts to play a role. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Silent_Bob said:

It's a mentality thing as well. Now our confidence should be sky high, the team knows that all they need to do is to perform to their abilities and we will be fine.

Cardiff seem to be grinding out narrow wins, but it's different trying to get into a position rather than defending it. For the next couple of months they have everything to loose every game they play, and they don't have enough quality to stay in the race in my opinion.  Fulham similar. 

I doubt we will finish above Wolves, but I think both Fulham and Cardiff fear us, much more than we fear them. A few weeks ago we were talking about Derby. Where are they now? I think the same will happen to Cardiff and Fulham eventually.

Yesterday's win will no doubt scare them. 

But we haven't achieved anything by murdering Wolves if we don't win our easy fixtures. Every game is massive from now on and in. And I think we are much better suited to live with that than Cardiff or Fulham.  Now is where the experience of SB and JT and others really starts to play a role. 

Great Huddlestone will be banned for Cardiff game.

have to say I think derby could drop out of play offs completely. They have some tough games left and look like dropping another two today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Cardiff have a far worse run in than Fulham - I’d fancy brentford wolves and villa to all beat Cardiff .

Could see villa and Fulham going unbeaten in the last 10 games of the season - I simply cannot see Cardiff doing so. 

Therfore for me fulham are the bigger worry to me - but each to their own . 

Even if Cardiff lose all those games Fulham have to win nine out of nine to finish above them.

9 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Even if Cardiff lose all those games Fulham have to win nine out of nine to finish above them.

If Cardiff lose to brentford away and derby away fulham will be 2 points behind them next weekend with both having 8 to play - and Cardiff having wolves and villa to come - I don’t see Cardiff taking more than 15 points from the last 10 . 

‘I’m well aware of who plays who and see villa and Fulham battling it out for 2nd and 3rd - I really think we will be 2nd next weekend going into 2 week break .

I’ve got villa on 90 points , Fulham 89 and Cardiff 86 at the end .

Edited by Eastie

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or has already been answered, but why are we attacking towards the Holte during the first half of games now?  Seems to be working that's all and could well be a factor for the final push. 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or has already been answered, but why are we attacking towards the Holte during the first half of games now?  Seems to be working that's all and could well be a factor for the final push. 

I heard it was JT who suggested it - not sure if its true .

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Really ? Fulham are 5 behind Cardiff  not 11 behind .

If Cardiff lose to brentford away and derby away fulham will be 2 points behind them next weekend with both having 8 to play - and Cardiff having wolves and villa to come - I don’t see Cardiff taking more than 15 points from the last 10 . 

‘I’m well aware of who plays who and see villa and Fulham battling it out for 2nd and 3rd - I really think we will be 2nd next weekend going into 2 week break .

5 points behind, with one game more played. Cardiff have to lose 8 points (those 3 games you first listed, us, wolves and brentford) for Fulham to finish above them. 

In your las post you think they lose for Derby too, and that Cardiff only takes 15 points from 10 games. If so I agree with you. 

12 minutes ago, villa82 said:

5 points behind, with one game more played. Cardiff have to lose 8 points (those 3 games you first listed, us, wolves and brentford) for Fulham to finish above them. 

In your las post you think they lose for Derby too, and that Cardiff only takes 15 points from 10 games. If so I agree with you. 

Yes I think they will get 15 points at most , I’ve got them taking 13 , villa taking 21 and Fulham taking 21 . 

‘Really feel we will be 2nd by Saturday . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1