17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

43 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Are Derby the new Real Madrid or something ? we certainly can beat them at pride park. I' not saying we will but it is not a certainty we wont. 

If this division has shown us anything, it that anyone can beat anyone.

Aston Villa 0-1 Anyone Utd

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we need to accept if we don't go up this year which there is a big chance of happening: We will become a Championship club and will need a complete rebuild. I'm talking several years in this league. 

And people wonder why people on here are so critical of Bruce. It's because there's a big chance we'll be a Championship team for years to come if we continue playing the way we are. Also given what we spent in these last 2 years that should not be the case!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

Are Derby the new Real Madrid or something ? we certainly can beat them at pride park. I' not saying we will but it is not a certainty we wont. 

It also showed us that more often than not we go to direct rivals' grounds and play like they really are Real Madrid. 

• Like 1

I said after the Terry injury that I thought we would be out of the play-off places by the start of January. I really hope my fears aren't realised because we need to get wins against these teams that we are playing in the next few games, if we want to make it easy on ourselves going into the second half of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I said after the Terry injury that I thought we would be out of the play-off places by the start of January. I really hope my fears aren't realised because we need to get wins against these teams that we are playing in the next few games, if we want to make it easy on ourselves going into the second half of the season. 

I don't think the Terry injury has greatly effected us, we're not suddenly porous at the back. What's harming us, and what wasn't addressed in the summer, was how devoid of attacking ability and intent we are. Adomah's purple patch has kind of papered over the cracks a little, but now he's been identified by the opposition we're toothless. Davis might work hard and prove a good target for the midfield but he's not going to score enough goals, Onomah is a waste of space and our attacking options are all injured, in Oz, or well out of form.

Automatic promotion is nearly impossible, maintaining playoffs is the aim so we need attacking options brought in in January for that to be the case. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dounavilla said:

The fact we are so scared of Derby is a reflection of our performances all season and our results against the better teams. 

We have to improve.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dounavilla said:

But we won't:P

On 12/9/2017 at 05:07, AvfcRigo82 said:

I feel after this month of intense fixtures it will make the table for interesting reading.

I fear after this month of intense fixtures it will make the table for depressing reading.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Well it would appear we played Millwester United yesterday.

So trust, we don't need a Real Madrid to be turd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprisingly Ipswich and Reading managed it so you never know.

Yes but the problem is that they are the kind of games where a team might take their eye off the ball and be hit with a sucker punch, losing a game they were expected to win. However teams are always up for it against us, so that doesn’t happen. And remember Reading took us to the cleaners.

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I don't think the Terry injury has greatly effected us, we're not suddenly porous at the back. What's harming us, and what wasn't addressed in the summer, was how devoid of attacking ability and intent we are. Adomah's purple patch has kind of papered over the cracks a little, but now he's been identified by the opposition we're toothless. Davis might work hard and prove a good target for the midfield but he's not going to score enough goals, Onomah is a waste of space and our attacking options are all injured, in Oz, or well out of form.

Automatic promotion is nearly impossible, maintaining playoffs is the aim so we need attacking options brought in in January for that to be the case. 

We had 5 forwards in the squad to launch a promotion bid....whilst the majority of the league had 6/7/8...

its poor.

On 10/12/2017 at 04:34, VillaChris said:

Fully expected to win today so that is a poor poor result. Performance sounded even worse.

Not good. We're going to have to win a couple of the big games over xmas to stay in touch. 

This is pretty much what I said a few weeks ago, only for you to call me a doom monger. 

It seems you can now see the reality of the situation. We just aren't as good as you  seem to think whereas I think we are doing ok considering the players we have available.

Crunch time right now. This period of games with us short on strikers and with Chris Samba running on fumes, well the odds are stacked against us - but we've seen a reaction from this squad a few times this season so there's no reason we can't go get something against Derby. Gloves are off now, time to fight!

20 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

But that was an exception for Wolves, it is not exceptional for us. Big difference.

No, they are exactly the same. Two games on form and paper both teams should have won, they didn't. Nothing to do if they are exceptions or not, the point is games don't always go the way they should. Just ask Chelsea.