17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

The next few games will be interesting. It's clear that we have some tired legs out there and the squad needs to be utilised and changes made to th starting line up. However, despite injuries, we have a pretty settled starting line up. Bruce needs to be carful not to make too many changes all at once, to ensure we keep the spirit and momentum going.

Get it right there his month and continue to pick up results and play offs at a minimum will be obtained. However, get it wrong with too many/little changes and it could ruin everything.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This Wolves team is head and shoulders above any other team in the league. 

I don't agree at all. I think blose have been terrible. Wolves have made a lot of mistakes I've seen, I think if they were playing a better team I think this could be level.

didnt realise Sheffield united were playing Bristol city Friday. If they can draw and win I think that puts us third..

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't agree at all. I think blose have been terrible. Wolves have made a lot of mistakes I've seen, I think if they were playing a better team I think this could be level.

didnt realise Sheffield united were playing Bristol city Friday. If they can draw and win I think that puts us third..

Hopefully I've jinxed them! 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I’ll be impressed if any team can draw AND win the same match. Those 4 point returns would really help us to catch Cardiff!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Well, we haven't played a top 6 team at home yet only Ipswich in 7th....that maybe a reason.

We have played the top 3 away already granted and 2 games was when we was in our iffy start.

I am not sure, what you can glean from that.

We have played many teams in the lower echelons, but they will become scrappers in the second half of the season, so could be a good thing, who knows.

The fixtures are what they are,we all have to play each other at some time, by the time the crocuses rear their heads, we will know a lot more.

Like awarded for 'by the time the crocuses rear their heads', you old romantic, you!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This Wolves team is head and shoulders above any other team in the league. 

Yep. Wolves are showing different ways to win games. Last week was 5-1, tonight was a hard fought 1-0 away win with the temperature at 2 degrees Celsius.

We are not finishing above them. Sunderland at home up next for them, that will be about 3-0.

Of course we can bloody catch Wolves you negative nancies! Only takes them to lose 2/3 games and us to win those two three games and we are right back on their coat tails, then if we beat  them at home we are above them, it’s all so easy when you think positivitly :D

29 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Of course we can bloody catch Wolves you negative nancies! Only takes them to lose 2/3 games and us to win those two three games and we are right back on their coat tails, then if we beat  them at home we are above them, it’s all so easy when you think positivitly :D

Totally agree. 26 games and 78 points left to play for.

It's theirs to lose, but there's a looong way to go yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yep. Wolves are showing different ways to win games. Last week was 5-1, tonight was a hard fought 1-0 away win with the temperature at 2 degrees Celsius.

We are not finishing above them. Sunderland at home up next for them, that will be about 13-0.

Fixed.