Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

It certainly is a football kit!

The bad superimposition of the logo on the official images is throwing it off a little, I think it will look nicer in real life. I don't like the mosaic on the away, a solid claret would be much cleaner and look less like a training top- but overall I like it. The badge extending over the edges of the stripe is a nice touch. On the home, the lions will likely look a little less shiny in real life, away from a studio flash. 

Pretty solid job.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Aside from for a casual game of five-a-side, in what scenario would a grown man wear a replica shirt?

I agree, seeing grown men in football colours and even worse with a name on their back makes me cringe. Each to their own though I suppose.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Look at these bad boys. Seriously they need to.sack whoever designed these. Those green ones are horrendous :puke:

Screenshot_20170701-112628.png

Bizarrely I prefer the graphite training kit to the away kit. 

Well, its claret and blue and its a football shirt.

I'd like to see something a bit different one year in terms of design

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

That top left one makes me want to join a golf club and then go bald, fat, and suffer a midlife crisis .

I play golf am certainly overweight and that would look good on the course to be fair

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim said:

I agree, seeing grown men in football colours and even worse with a name on their back makes me cringe. Each to their own though I suppose.

Blimey !

I don't wear one myself but of all the things in the world that makes you cringe ? It's just people enjoying feeling part of the Club.  As you say though, each to their own..

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well, its claret and blue and its a football shirt.

I'd like to see something a bit different one year in terms of design

Maybe a Pink and Green tutu ?   Or a Spider-Man costume ?:)

• Like 1

On 27 June 2017 at 16:49, stewiek2 said:

I know it's not the same as the leaked one but had a play with an away kit (click for better quality)...

avfc_Away_concept-SK.jpg

Sorry but this is 10x better than this seasons kit

3 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

That sponsor logo would be 100x better if the lettering was just straight.

It would be infinitely better if it wasn't there at all

Nobody ever seems to like the sponsor emblazoned on the shirt, I get that. But having a sponsor is something we should be used to by now.

However, does it have to be another betting company? We should be better than that.

• Like 2

Anyone seen it in the flesh? Is that possible yet?

I've a feeling the lions may have been emphasised on the shots of just the shirt. I reckon they're much more subtle IRL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Well, it is a thread entitled, "Villa Kit", what else is there to write on this thread if not opinions of said kit?

I didn't say no one could or should write anything about the new Villa kit.  I just said it surprised me how many people wanted to. 

People analysing minute details of what is polyester tat thrown together for a couple of quid somewhere then sold to us for 50 plus quid. 

I wont be buying another replica shirt till my current one falls to pieces, same as I always do. 

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Maybe a Pink and Green tutu ?   Or a Spider-Man costume ?:)

Possibly, although I was angling towards a zebra print onesie type style.

I just think a slightly different design like the hummel one from 1989 or the 2000 cup final one. Still claret and blue but a bit different. 

• Like 2

Not thrilled with the logo, but at least it's kind of on the small side as sponsor logos go. I don't like the camo-checks across the away shirt. would much prefer the home shirt to not have those lions, it's looks too busy. Otherwise, both shirts are decent efforts, but nothing that makes them really must-buys for me. I wonder what the change strip will be?

3 hours ago, tismyk said:

No its not

It still blows it out of the water. 

It's a shame that people at home can knock up better kits at home for a laugh compared to people who earn God knows what. 

• Like 1

Not too bothered about the sponsor, who ever pays the most money is fine. I think that's the problem when shirts are leaked without a sponsor; you get used to it without one which is always better.

• Like 1