Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Please don't tell me you came all the way from Dublin just for the kit?

If so, I admire your dedication, but...

It would be a stretch to say it was 'just' for the kit but i did want to go to the club shop to try some kit on to see what sizes were like. Its very hard to get villa merch in ireland other than online especially since relegation. 

In the temp shop they only had large and xl both of which are too small. Just very disappointing for my first visit to the stadium in nearly a decade...

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The away kit, as mentioned by others, looks like a training top. It's not offensive but they could have designed it better. Also, the home shirt has been spoilt by having too many lions on it. There have been better designs by people on here. 

I do like the home kit but its a little plain looking, I'll be getting the away shirt though. That it looks like a training top goes in its favour personally as I've always preferred the training tops to the actual kit :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, slovenian said:

19667471_1633052380072984_50002759084398

i dont like it :\

If only the lions weren't there. Gets worse every time I see it.

Worst home kit in years for me.

Here's a close up of the fabric, doesn't look like the lions will be visible on real life. We shall see.

Also, I hadn't seen the goalkeeper kit posted in here, nothing remarkable;

Edited by alreadyexists

3 hours ago, jim said:

If only the lions weren't there. Gets worse every time I see it.

Worst home kit in years for me.

Looks ok but nothing special - I will buy the away one but not the home .

Dissappointed by the training kit - last seasons seemed much nicer .

I like the away shirt - but I have a feeling it'll be difficult to pick out for a player in a packed midfield tying to find someone on the sideline against the background of a big crowd.

That said, they couldn't do it in 2015/16 with a bright yellow away kit, so I'm not sure it'll make much difference.

• Like 2

I don't love Unibet as a sponsor for these kits. The playful nature of the various angles of the letters in balls clashes with the home shirt especially, which is otherwise going for a very classy look. It really work well with the shirt.

I haven't bought an away in a while, it's probably time.

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like the away shirt - but I have a feeling it'll be difficult to pick out for a player in a packed midfield tying to find someone on the sideline against the background of a big crowd.

That said, they couldn't do it in 2015/16 with a bright yellow away kit, so I'm not sure it'll make much difference.

We've not been able to pick out a midfielder in about 6 years.... 

• Like 1

Dislike the home kit, away kit not so bad.

But the whole thing seems to have been spoiled - was it produced at the last minute? - the letters of the sponsor's name are all crooked. Didn't anyone notice? :unsure:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We've not been able to pick out a midfielder in about 6 years.... 

Hang on, we've had midfielders in the team for the last 6 years!? Someone seriously should have told them.

On Saturday, July 01, 2017 at 14:44, slovenian said:

19667471_1633052380072984_50002759084398

i dont like it :\

The logo and the little lions make it look ghey, otherwise it's a decent shirt. 4/10

This is a bit of a fabric-obsessive point but the material looks as if it is stretchy and out of shape. We had shirts like that a few seasons ago - can't remember when - but I think it was solved by a change in manufacturer.

I've completely flipped on the kits since seeing them properly revealed.

Previously I loved the home kit and wasn't too keen on the away.

But those lions spoil the home kit for me. They're not subtle enough like I originally thought they would be. Almost makes the shirt look spotty.
Whereas the away looks much smarter on the players than I thought it would. I like that.