Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

22 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

This is a bit of a fabric-obsessive point but the material looks as if it is stretchy and out of shape. We had shirts like that a few seasons ago - can't remember when - but I think it was solved by a change in manufacturer.

2010/11 Nike?

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/07/2017 at 20:18, tismyk said:

Unfortunately the people at home who knock up kits at home for a laugh, have to go to school on workdays.

Oi laddy I think you'll find I do this design thingy for a living!

• Like 2

So from the John Terry pics, it looks like we'll have 'RECON' underneath the player's shirt numbers on the shirt. It's fairy inoffensive, although, I think I'd actually prefer more of a logo, or for there to be a block of colour under the wording so it doesn't just look like the name lettering.

I wonder whether this means that the Dr will be putting a little bit of money into the club, in the form of 'sponsorship'. :detect:

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So from the John Terry pics, it looks like we'll have 'RECON' underneath the player's shirt numbers on the shirt. It's fairy inoffensive, although, I think I'd actually prefer more of a logo, or for there to be a block of colour under the wording so it doesn't just look like the name lettering.

I wonder whether this means that the Dr will be putting a little bit of money into the club, in the form of 'sponsorship'. :detect:

I'm not so sure that this is actually a back of shirt sponsor.

The lettering looks exactly the same as the Terry lettering, I imagine this is just advertising - Terry is a big coup for a championship club so will get loads of publicity, in China also, so to have the name there gives a lot of free publicity.

I would of thought if it was a sponsorship then the actual RECON logo would have been used.

6 hours ago, withes_shin said:

The lettering looks exactly the same as the Terry lettering, I imagine this is just advertising - Terry is a big coup for a championship club so will get loads of publicity, in China also, so to have the name there gives a lot of free publicity.

I would of thought if it was a sponsorship then the actual RECON logo would have been used.

Yes I think it's likely been added  for this press conference rather than a permanent thing.

Edited by Eastie

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

2010/11 Nike?

Spot on!

The shirts didn't seem to fit so well...

Aston-Villa-Home-Kit-10-11.png

Just in case people say it's just difficult getting it over the "Agbonlahor bulge", here's how it looked on a normal shaped person...

Aston-Villa-Home-Strip.jpg

However, I think the new kit looks great on JT!

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Spot on!

The shirts didn't seem to fit so well...

Aston-Villa-Home-Kit-10-11.png

Just in case people say it's just difficult getting it over the "Agbonlahor bulge", here's how it looked on a normal shaped person...

Aston-Villa-Home-Strip.jpg

However, I think the new kit looks great on JT!

Ha, I was at that kit launch and it was the most anti climactic thing I've ever seen. The kits were boring and on the players it looked like a child getting caught up in an 8 berth tent. I've never heard a couple of thousand people all say 'well that looks shite' in unison before. Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Oi laddy I think you'll find I do this design thingy for a living!

Thanks for the "laddy" not been called that in the last 50 years or so :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, withes_shin said:

23 hours ago, Eastie said:

Yes I think it's likely been added  for this press conference rather than a permanent thing.

I'm not so sure.

I think it's the actual font Recon use, it just happens that it's pretty similar to the Championship lettering font.

Edit: actually, having just gone back and had another look at the Terry photos, you might be right! However, the Recon logo is still a pretty similar font so I don't think it'll make a huge amount of difference if they use their own logo.

Edited by Stevo985

It's not the Recon font, it's the player name font and wouldn't be allowed as a sponsor.

If it's not on the preorder kit images, it's not going to be on the final shirt, don't worry chaps. It's just a little free exposure for the company.

3 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Went on to the club shop to buy this for my 2 month old baby and they're charging €70 for 0-6 months.

Scandalous

They grow fast at that age mate - best to stick to a vIlla teddy  bear for now :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dubliner said:

Went on to the club shop to buy this for my 2 month old baby and they're charging €70 for 0-6 months.

Scandalous

Don't bother. I know it's a proud moment, but we did the same with our son when he was first born, and within a month he had outgrown it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Only just seen the first interview with Terry.

The claret looks a MUCH darker shade than on the original leaked pictures. 

I thought that but wondered if it was just a lower exposure level/white balance on the camera... I really like the home kit and the lions look quite subtle on the Terry vid. I think I'll wait to see it in the shop before I buy, but planning to buy the home kit.

On 04/07/2017 at 13:41, dubliner said:

Scandalous

I bought the kit for my 6 month old with name on back for Fa cup final. I thought it would be good luck! She never wore it again. 

I agree it's scandalous. Try sports direct.

• Like 1