Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

On 16/01/2018 at 23:55, benireduk said:

Can you please ask where the European Cup commentary banner on the North Stand has gone?

looks odd without that being there....

I heard on the radio (I think) that it got blown away in a storm, and they do intend on replacing it. 

12 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I heard on the radio (I think) that it got blown away in a storm, and they do intend on replacing it. 

Wonder where that monster ended up?

Would scare the bejesus out of some poor driver on the M6!

• Like 1

On 16/01/2018 at 22:59, Stephen_Evans said:

Can they please ask the media team at the club to stop this “Villans” nonsense.  As in, “what are your thoughts, Villans?”, “Come on you Villains”.  And stop the cringeworthy use of the fist pumping emoji on social media.

Weirdest post I've seen fir a while. Unless you are about 10 years old villains has always been our nickname. Night as well stop calling arsenal the gunners and Tottenham, spurs

It would be interesting to hear from the horses mouth how much Villa park will be used for the commonwealth games - and if it's use would dictate the start date of any redevelopment plans for the North Stand. Seeing as they are only 4 years away work would either need to start soon or wait until after the summer of 2022.  

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

The state of the pitch is really poor compared to previous years - what has happened - have we cut back on groundsmen?

I thought it looked fine today.

Can the club try to sort out the state of our food and drinks outlets in the ground (the Holte at least). Surely they must realise they are losing out on money every game from the fans who either can't be bothered to queue or leave the queue as they don't think they will have time to get served before the second half starts.

I can't understand why there aren't more drink only stands with pre-poured pints ready 5 minutes before half time begins. Let's be honest it tastes pretty poor anyway in the ground, standing in a glass for 5 minutes won't make it any worse.

They also seem to have 3 people serving one person at each till, really strange!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Can the club try to sort out the state of our food and drinks outlets in the ground (the Holte at least). Surely they must realise they are losing out on money every game from the fans who either can't be bothered to queue or leave the queue as they don't think they will have time to get served before the second half starts.

I can't understand why there aren't more drink only stands with pre-poured pints ready 5 minutes before half time begins. Let's be honest it tastes pretty poor anyway in the ground, standing in a glass for 5 minutes won't make it any worse.

They also seem to have 3 people serving one person at each till, really strange!

Yeah, I assume that there's an increasingly large number of people like me who just don't bother going to the outlets any more. It's beyond ridiculous how slow it is., 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

The state of the pitch is really poor compared to previous years - what has happened - have we cut back on groundsmen?

I think the fella that won the awards left us to join PSG a couple of years ago.  We're also playing more midweeks games so less time for the pitch to recover.  AND it's expensive to maintain a pitch to that standard.

Just a punt on my part though.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I reached that point today, got tired of watching 10 people flap about when all I want is a cup of tea. Also, standing in a queue for 10 minutes under a sign that says 'Queue here' only to be told that this isn't a queue.

Bunch of **** morons running that show.

I saw on Twitter (so I can't be sure that it's true) that we've stopped using a certain kind of lamp on the grass. Apparently it costs £2million a year!

If we get promoted then we'll use them again.

Apologies, I can't find the source now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I reached that point today, got tired of watching 10 people flap about when all I want is a cup of tea. Also, standing in a queue for 10 minutes under a sign that says 'Queue here' only to be told that this isn't a queue.

Bunch of **** morons running that show.

It's genuinely shocking.

Got there today. 3 people in the queue in front of me. Took almost 10 minutes to get served.

Also, they had no burgers ready. I didn't want one, but the guy in front of me did.

How can they get to half time, literally the busiest part of the game, and not have food ready?! 
I've been there before when they didn't have chips ready either. CHIPS! 

It's an absolute farce. I'm confident I could turn up with 6 mates, starting from scratch, and do a better job than that lot.

The food and drink thing does seem to come up every time but never improves. I don't like missing any of the game so I won't leave before HT, meaning I just don't bother getting out my seat now as I know it's very unlikely I'll get served before the second half. It really does seem crazy that it's quite so poor. 

Â