Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

I've only just seen the Clubs responses and it just happens to coincide with an email I've sent them today.

The ability to join the Away Scheme was heavily promoted as part of the benefits of having a season ticket.

However I've been told I can't join it because I wasn't in it last year (and  I went to less than 15 away games)...(I have often been in it in the past btw).

Ive asked for clarification and an explanation as to how they intend to honour the contract terms offered at the time of renewal.

Having read this I can at least see now their thinking, but will be pursuing it - I'll update if anyone's interested.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All,

There's another meeting of this group on the 12th September - prior to the Middlesbrough game - it's a formal Q&A and the club have asked supporters from a number of sites to put together fifteen questions which they'll publish replies to. They've asked if these questions can be ready for them at the end of this week.

There's plenty going on around the club at the moment and I'm sure there are a number of questions you have - if you add them in this thread, we'll do our darnedest to get em asked.

Can any more be done for ROI fans in terms of being able to stream matches, or even viewing them after the fact? Sky's 3pm blackout isn't in effect in Ireland yet still we haven't the option of watching on AVTV. Also, as an AVTV customer in the ROI, I seem to only get content that is freely available on the club's Youtube channel. Is there any point remaining an AVTV customer in ROI if we can't stream and there is no extra content provided?

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

All,

There's another meeting of this group on the 12th September - prior to the Middlesbrough game - it's a formal Q&A and the club have asked supporters from a number of sites to put together fifteen questions which they'll publish replies to. They've asked if these questions can be ready for them at the end of this week.

There's plenty going on around the club at the moment and I'm sure there are a number of questions you have - if you add them in this thread, we'll do our darnedest to get em asked.

Who from the club will be at the meeting please ? 

Can we ask a question about FFP and if we fail to get promoted, what that means for us?  Some clarity would be good. 

Are there any plans to improve or have better links with the local areas around the ground to incorporate the 'Villa' feel?   Thinking Witton Station, Aston Hall, Star City etc?

Can we release a Villa kit and that kit be available to purchase before the summer holidays?  My son would love to take a new kit on holiday with him.

Are there any plans to link up with another football club to develop younger players, share ideas etc? 

9 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Can we ask a question about FFP and if we fail to get promoted, what that means for us?  Some clarity would be good. 

Are there any plans to improve or have better links with the local areas around the ground to incorporate the 'Villa' feel?   Thinking Witton Station, Aston Hall, Star City etc?

Can we release a Villa kit and that kit be available to purchase before the summer holidays?  My son would love to take a new kit on holiday with him.

Are there any plans to link up with another football club to develop younger players, share ideas etc? 

From the last interview. Yes they have planned for failure this season.

16 hours ago, villan_007 said:

From the last interview. Yes they have planned for failure this season.

Did you take that from the interview this week?  He said that we are basically right on the brink of the limit...I took that to mean we are on the limit this season (may be wrong). Which then means next season...we don't have Terry wages, plus Gabby (I think), plus any others whose contracts are up...but we have less in parachute payments and are allowed to lose less...which makes me think we must be in trouble next year without promotion.

So I suppose I'd want to clarify that - will we have a serious FFP problem if we don't go up (given he's said we are on the line at the moment)?  And is there any dialogue / negotiation throughout the season, or do we just submit our numbers and get a thumbs up / thumbs down response?

On 05/09/2017 at 19:56, V01 said:

Are we going stop the turgid defensive bollocks and try passing the ball and scoring some more goals?

That's a question for the manager which made me think: Didn't Villa used to host fan forums each season with the manager down at the AV leisure centre? I'm sure Little and Gregory & Co did them and the club only stopped because MON refused. 

Anyway, how about having a similar consultation meeting but with the manager and various fans/certain fan groups? That way they could talk directly to the man himself and ask him about playing style, tactics, coaching methods and what he's trying to achieve etc. 

Perhaps this would help connect the fans more with the managerial and coaching staff. It would also enable various topics to be expanded upon and important points to be addresssed. The press conferences are crap and the journalists often fail to ask relevant, interesting and/or challenging questions. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

That's a question for the manager which made me think: Didn't Villa used to host fan forums each season with the manager down at the AV leisure centre? I'm sure Little and Gregory & Co did them and the club only stopped because MON refused

Anyway, how about having a similar consultation meeting but with the manager and various fans/certain fan groups? That way they could talk directly to the man himself and ask him about playing style, tactics, coaching methods and what he's trying to achieve etc. 

Perhaps this would help connect the fans more with the managerial and coaching staff. It would also enable various topics to be expanded upon and important points to be addresssed. The press conferences are crap and the journalists often fail to ask relevant, interesting and/or challenging questions. 

I know we used to have an AGM for shareholders at which the then chairman (whose name I choose not to mention) and the manager at the time attended to face questions (which I think ended when RL purchased those shares). A classic among those was when that chairman referred to the previous season (93-4) as being less than successful (no doubt from a financial point of view) and Big Ron reacted to that by moving the League Cup trophy towards him to a standing ovation from those present. :D 

• Like 1

1) When should we be expecting full functionality of the season ticket cards? I've already bought impatient nephews the away kit at the shop that I won't get any points for and we still can't use them as cashless cards and there is nothing about how to link social media to them (which you get points for).

2) What is the reasoning behind dropping AVTV from season ticket holders benefits?

3) Finally the normal question; if we don't go up this season are we screwed financially (FFP) and as regards our future with all the one year contract players and loans we have?! Was it a concious decision to put all our eggs in one basket?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrjc said:

Did you take that from the interview this week?  He said that we are basically right on the brink of the limit...I took that to mean we are on the limit this season (may be wrong). Which then means next season...we don't have Terry wages, plus Gabby (I think), plus any others whose contracts are up...but we have less in parachute payments and are allowed to lose less...which makes me think we must be in trouble next year without promotion.

So I suppose I'd want to clarify that - will we have a serious FFP problem if we don't go up (given he's said we are on the line at the moment)?  And is there any dialogue / negotiation throughout the season, or do we just submit our numbers and get a thumbs up / thumbs down response?

No I've seen it twice, once on wm and again with the villa view interview on youtube. Both asked about FFP and if we don't go up this season are we ok financially. He said yes we have plans in place for every outcome and have planned accordingly for either.

Edited by villan_007

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

No I've seen it twice, once on wm and again with the villa view interview on youtube. Both asked about FFP and if we don't go up this season are we ok financially. He said yes we have plans in place for every outcome and have planned accordingly for either.

Ah fair enough, hadn't seen those (although I still struggle to see how, given we're supposedly right on the line at the moment!)

8 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

1) When should we be expecting full functionality of the season ticket cards? I've already bought impatient nephews the away kit at the shop that I won't get any points for and we still can't use them as cashless cards and there is nothing about how to link social media to them (which you get banned for).

Fixed ;) 

• Like 1

Â