Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

When can we see the theme park plans .... or was the Dr full of shit ? Promises were made ... all joking aside the ground needs Major money spending on it ... so my question would be will we see any improvements other than to the corporate area or some cupboard given to kids as a gym anytime soon ? .... I love villa park but it’s turning into a bit of a dated shit hole in many areas and respects... I’m not talking necessarily the north stand which we know has to be developed in due course ... but the toilets concourses food outlets in all stands are not good enough and need investment...  basically I’m jealous of spuds cheese room .... there I’ve said it ;) 

North-Korean-Theme-Parks.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There would be less pressure on the kiosk if they didn't hire absolute **** morons.

You dont sit in the north do you? 

You could have Jordan belfort collectimg money and forest gump whipping the tops off those bottles and we would still miss 15 minutes of the second half!

I'd like to know if theres any plans on replacing the seat exchange service as we used to have seatwave but its been gone for a while. I'm thinking about getting a season ticket in the future but with my shift patterns I'd miss 25% of games would be handy being able to sell tickets on for games I can't attend. Or alternatively for people to buy tickets at cheaper prices, but maybe thats why it disappeared 

• Like 1

Another one for the kiosks... can’t they have beers pre opened ready to go before half time rather than the ridiculous system where two people serve you, one on the till and one who ambles to get the drink and ambles back. This is Holte upper K6/7 side.

A positive: introducing contactless has helped but the staff being so slow counteracts this.

• Like 3

Not sure if this is quite realistic, or even a good idea but was wondering we would go back to this suggestion 

On 10/08/2018 at 00:26, Fight Like Lions said:

It’s been mentioned elsewhere on the forum but worth putting here I think. Can the idea of a preseason friendly with Hibs for next summer be suggested at any future meeting please?

Thoroughly impressed with how friendly their supporters are and it’s quite rare nowadays to see such positive exchange between 2 fan bases. Both sets of fans seem keen from what I’ve seen.

I know there are lots of factors to consider when putting together a preseason but this would be great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, villaglint said:

Could you ask what the current status is with regards to the Villa engine? 

Was it all just meaningless words spouted to make fans think they were busy or did anything so much as a locomotive ever get developed. 

With Smith in charge it seems like something which might stand a better chance of getting going this time around. 

Current status for you...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chappy said:

Another one for the kiosks... can’t they have beers pre opened ready to go before half time rather than the ridiculous system where two people serve you, one on the till and one who ambles to get the drink and ambles back. This is Holte upper K6/7 side.

A positive: introducing contactless has helped but the staff being so slow counteracts this.

This system would work, if the staff knew what they were doing.

If it was one person takes the order, the other scuttles off to get it while you pay, and then once you've paid the other guy is back with your order. Then great, that works.

But the way they do it is one person takes the order. The other person walks slowly to get it. Brings it back. Opens it. Gives it to you. Then the first person takes your payment.

I mean ffs, it doesn't take a genius to work out that's not going to work.

I still maintain if they had one supervisor at each kiosk who actually knew what they were doing, it would improve things ten fold.
Maybe they can incentivise the staff somehow because currently they have no motivation to serve people quickly. Makes no difference to them if they serve 1 person or 100 people.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, there are degree graduates just lining up for the jobs.........

You dont need any qualifications to operate a till effectively.  I worked a till in a busy supermarket at 15/16 and out of all the checkout people i had the highest items per minute and lowest time per customer.  I got 20% more pay as a result.  Incentives make people work harder!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

You dont need any qualifications to operate a till effectively.  I worked a till in a busy supermarket at 15/16 and out of all the checkout people i had the highest items per minute and lowest time per customer.  I got 20% more pay as a result.  Incentives make people work harder!

Exactly.

What about the kiosk that sells the most items or makes the most money gets some sort of reward. Tickets to a game or a night out or something. I dunno. There must be something.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, there are degree graduates just lining up for the jobs.........

Fast food restaurants seem to manage, they seem to have some leadership, some organisation and teamwork.

The kiosks look utterly bewildered half the time. I sit in Trinity lower, so it's spacious, there are plenty of tills per block, and there is more than enough staff, an absolute abundance of people behind the kiosks. It's just most of them are just flapping around doing absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2018 at 08:31, hippo said:
  • I love the new kit - would like some assurances that luke1977 will design our kits for at least a few more years.
  • Probably been asked before - but what about VP wifi ? - 

There's Wifi in the Holte End, the password is available on the wall of the Holte Suite!

On 31/10/2018 at 22:49, OutByEaster? said:

anything new that you feel can be improved

Can we have:

• a programme editor who can actually proof-read (this one often can't even get the wordsearch right ? let alone the serious stuff) and can conduct decent interviews (fed up of variations on "you must be really keen to score a goal / win the next game")
  • blue shorts as a first alternative to the white ones where the home shirt is being used - all claret is not right
  • Like 1

are the staff in the kiosks still agency? i thought the people operating the catering had changed around in the last couple of years but i expect the use of agency labour hasnt

the reality is they dont give a ****, they work their bollocks off and serve 100 beers at half time or they amble around and serve 1 beer they still earn the same £1.85 for those 15 minutes, i would lazily guess that its not a villa problem its an events staff problem, i would happily complain that at wembley you can get a luke warm pint of carling thats been poured 10 minutes earlier and costs £6 in around 3 minutes, it comes with the territory unfortunately 

the best solution IMO is an increase in the number of bottle sellers, sure the lower holte had 1 carslberg bottle stand near the entrance, put another 2 or 3 of those about, have some kids walking around with the big bags of bottles on their backs, if you know the main kiosk doesnt work then source an alternative rather than trying to polish a turd

my questions would be the normal, infrastructure and plans for around VP, how much more road works are planned? they've put some banners up on lamposts telling you where the ground is are they doing anything else? the actual impact of HS2, future tram lines, what if anything the commonwealth games will mean to the club seeing as the bid is being finalised, then also some general comments about AVTV being utter shite, maybe something which might not be the general consensus about the new owners getting some of the lions clubs back on board after a couple of years of major misteps

• Like 1

Having seen everything around the club now, what do the owners and board really like and dislike?  

Is the club going to work with the community/council to improve the look and experience around Villa Park?  Perhaps improving any walk from the City Centre, Star City, Aston Hall, train station etc? 

Is the sound system around Villa Park still as antiquated as mentioned previously and does it still require a major overhaul? 

Any plans to rename a stand or Villa Park itself? 

Have the major upgrades with the club shop and north stand been shelved for the time being?  At the very least, could the outside of the north stand have a pressure wash? 

Are the facilities and Bodymoor Heath itself still of the required standard or is work needed here?  Does HS2 impact on any future upgrades/improvements? 

Is the club happy with the current crest/badge? 

FFP - can the club clarify where are are now and depending on our league status, where we'll be next season? 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Fast food restaurants seem to manage, they seem to have some leadership, some organisation and teamwork.

The kiosks look utterly bewildered half the time. I sit in Trinity lower, so it's spacious, there are plenty of tills per block, and there is more than enough staff, an absolute abundance of people behind the kiosks. It's just most of them are just flapping around doing absolutely nothing.

Remember the McDonalds tv advert "can i have a career with that?"

Sorry for the late reply to this but can you find out why we now have Umbro retro shirts.  Can they extend this range to tracksuit tops and 91/92 Shirts?

Whilst on the same subject are there plans to do similar deals with Le Coq Sportif and Hummel.

They must have seen how popular this has been due to them selling out regularly opposed to the generic retro shirts of the past.

A big thank you from me as this has been a dream come true to own the 80/81 home and away shirts!!

Can someone please get the following message to Dean Smith:

Stop confusing me with your post-match interviews. I don't want to hear about passages of play, tactics or training. I hear you mention 'coaching' a lot, but I'm really not interested in transport, so stop mentioning that too. Can you please simplify your interviews into short and snappy soundbites that I can understand, such as "We'll pull our pants on, and kick the ball high into the air" and "We'll be there or thereabouts".

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â