Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

Answering questions with questions, very little substance. Is there a minimum price the club would have to charge season ticket holders for AVTV for example or is it just lumping the blame with the EFL? 

Discount at the club shop, items are insanely over-priced on what they cost to make. If the club lose money by not selling at full price then something is wrong. 

It's asking for a lump sum of money from the fan on blind faith with little reward for that loyalty. Villa Park doesn't sell out, more and more people will start to pick and choose their games if there's little benefit to stumping up all at once. It smacks of taking people's loyalty for granted and this is after some of the worst years for fans for decades. 

People can read through the jargon and bull these days. 

I appreciate these meetings but everytime I'm left underwhelmed after reading. Nothing really seems to be progress. 

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why in the year 2018 is AVTV so bad? And that includes the filming and ridiculous amount of badly timed replays. 

DC, a number of people have talked about AVTV in the last couple of months - would you (or others who share the same concerns) add some detail on what's bad and the things that you'd like to see changed please?

Hi OBE, I’m not sure if it’s been raised before, it might have been and I missed it so apologies if that’s the case. But are there any plans for the Club to restart the VMF restaurant as I understand it did a lot for local youngsters in terms of high quality on the job training? And getting them into the hospitality industry when they were not in education. 

Again, apologies if already previously covered.

• Like 2

I know it gets raised every time, but any plans to improve service at the food kiosks in Villa Park?

The one I use in the Holte (K7) is laughably bad. Unless you go down at least 5 minutes before half time you won't get served before the second half kicks off. There's not even that many people to serve, they are just so slow. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Why in the year 2018 is AVTV so bad? And that includes the filming and ridiculous amount of badly timed replays. 

Are there any plans to improve this feature?

From what I've seen it looks like college/university level staffing, it's my industry and could easily be developed to be a lot better than current offerings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

DC, a number of people have talked about AVTV in the last couple of months - would you (or others who share the same concerns) add some detail on what's bad and the things that you'd like to see changed please?

It seems very unreliable, with some weeks it hasn't been working. It buffers terribly (think others have mentioned the same, not just my internet connection) when the action is on the far side of the pitch the camera zooms in so close that you can't really appreciate what is going on around. Replays seem to be shown at the most inappropriate times, and sometimes its a replay of absolutely nothing. 

I can only assume we have saved cash by hiring people who are not experienced at directing or filming live football.  With the streaming issues, as a professional club in 2018 we really shouldn't be unable to provide this kind of service to paying customers. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Can they please ask the media team at the club to stop this “Villans” nonsense.  As in, “what are your thoughts, Villans?”, “Come on you Villains”.  And stop the cringeworthy use of the fist pumping emoji on social media.

Well that's a no from me right there. ;)

10 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Can they please ask the media team at the club to stop this “Villans” nonsense.  As in, “what are your thoughts, Villans?”, “Come on you Villains”.  And stop the cringeworthy use of the fist pumping emoji on social media.

Villans has been a nickname for villa fans for years hasn’t it? 

Its all horses for courses, I don’t mind the social media stuff. If it engages with the kids then that’s all good as far as I can see. I imagine a fist bump emoji is pretty cool when you’re seven!

On 16/01/2018 at 22:59, Stephen_Evans said:

Have you been banned from "Heroes and Villains" by any chance? 

Â