The Manager thread

Xela

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure he’ll be allowed to finish the season if it’s looking like bottom half.

He doesn’t have a CV like Jose, LvG etc to buy himself time.

If they want to get out of this malaise once and for all, they need to give him time to recruit, implement, guide, coach. If not, the carousel of failure will continue. 

• 3 weeks later...

Parker sacked 

Was always a question of when...most of their fans weren't happy with him last season even though they got promoted 

Unless his replacement is Eddie Howe they'll never be happy 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bizarre sacking IMO.  Either don't go into the season with him, or give him backing for at least 10 games.  They haven't given him any funds or any time to do anything.

Yep, it's a proper what do you actually want to be type sacking

if they want a mid table perfectly safe no threat of relegation season then buy the players that will give them that, instead it looks like they're going cheap and trying to find a miracle worker (dyche) who will do it for them 

I hope Parker isn't linked with us when the inevitable happens 

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s been sacked because he was so defeatist and ready to destroy the players and club publicly in an interview after the game. Whether he was right or not, it wasn’t a good look.

I thought he was playing mind games for the board to give him money

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s been sacked because he was so defeatist and ready to destroy the players and club publicly in an interview after the game. Whether he was right or not, it wasn’t a good look.

Yeah, the statement from the club mentioned some vague thing about a philosophy of mutual respect, so seems it was a divided squad.

Elphick is now their assistant coach.

Â