The Manager thread

Xela

Arne Slot favourite for the Liverpool job now.  I really thought they'd be aiming a bit higher than an inexperienced Portuguese manager and a Dutch league manager.  Their crash next season will be glorious 🤣

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

Arne Slot favourite for the Liverpool job now.  I really thought they'd be aiming a bit higher than an inexperienced Portuguese manager and a Dutch league manager.  Their crash next season will be glorious 🤣

Mourinho has also been linked.........this would be the dream 

Would be worse than Everton hiring Rafa 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mourinho has also been linked.........this would be the dream 

Would be worse than Everton hiring Rafa 

It seems like one after the other is turning down the Liverpool job, they could well end up with Mourinho or Gerrard if they run out of alternatives.

Bournemouth win again. Iraola having a superb season. Think it took him a while to find his favoured eleven and for them to buy into the ideas but since then they've been flying. 

One to watch next season. Lots of talented players at his disposal. 

• Like 2

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Bournemouth win again. Iraola having a superb season. Think it took him a while to find his favoured eleven and for them to buy into the ideas but since then they've been flying. 

Yes I completely wrote him off going into November. Incredible form since then. Also barely had Tyler Adams and Alex Scott available all season so they'll be like new signings for central midfield next year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Apparently Liverpool were considering him for the job 

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

Will he win manager of the year? He should but will he actually get it? If we win the conference league I think he will but if city do the double pep will probably get it. 

There’s two things that could happen this season which I feel should (but won’t) dictate who gets MOTS.

We get top 4.
Luton survive.

Given the points deduction that Forest have taken, it feels like Luton surviving would be a lesser achievement (and I don’t think it happens) but no-one had them surviving really. Similarly, no-one had us finishing top 4 (bar Troy Townsend).

I also think O’Neil and Iraola have had very good seasons but not MOTS level. 

I think contenders for manager of the year will be Emery if we win Conference League and qualify for the Champions League, Arteta if he wins Arsenal the title, or Edwards if he keeps Luton up, regardless of Forest deduction that would still be an amazing achievement.Have Iraoloa and O'Neill actually done much better than Dyche, Wolves were supposedly one of the favorites for relegation, I think maybe because people fixated on the likes of Neves, Moutinho and so on leaving, but look at their team, the likes of Aït-Nouri, João Gomes, Pedro Neto, Max Kilman, Hugo Bueno all being linked with big money moves away, and then you've go the likes of Hwang and Cuna who are decent, Tommy Doyle too, O'Neill done a reasonable enough job, but it's not some big overachievement, although I guess you could also give him some credit for the good performances that have lead to the those players attracting the interest of other teamsIraoloa has done well overall, but within in that Bournemouth have had some awful runs, no wins in the first nine, and then they had another spell where they didn't win in seven, and as with Wolves I don't think their squad as might be thought, they've spent £200m in the last two seasons.

Watch them just give it to Pep. Or Ange.🤦‍♂️

No seriously I think Emery will win if we get top 4 + win a trophy which is very possible.

Not like we even spent that much in the summer either compared to other clubs and we've had 5-6 serious injuries to key players ourselves and just got on with it rather than crying about it every five minutes like Ten Hag has.

On 23/04/2024 at 16:07, duke313 said:

I’m still hoping for the return of Slippy G to his dream club. What a welcome he’d get. First game Villa Park, would be a bonus!!!😂

On 28/04/2024 at 20:23, VillaChris said:

Yes I completely wrote him off going into November. Incredible form since then. Also barely had Tyler Adams and Alex Scott available all season so they'll be like new signings for central midfield next year.

And they’ll have a fitter David Brooks available, unsure if he’ll step up to a consistent level for the PL but he’s got a lot of talent.

On 29/04/2024 at 11:40, VillaChris said:

Watch them just give it to Pep. Or Ange.🤦‍♂️

No seriously I think Emery will win if we get top 4 + win a trophy which is very possible.

Not like we even spent that much in the summer either compared to other clubs and we've had 5-6 serious injuries to key players ourselves and just got on with it rather than crying about it every five minutes like Ten Hag has.

There's not a chance Ange wins it.  I like him and how Spurs play largely - they've had a good season - but he's nowhere near the running for MOTS.  Pep obviously could but it feels a bit... I don't know, wrong?  If Man City had absolutely cruised to the title by 15 points or something then fair enough - but not like this.

• Like 1

Â