The Manager thread

Xela

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not even kicked a ball yet and this starts again 

No , I'm a Gerrard fan, but I just think he will be under pressure this season for results, no managers job is safe if they don't produce.

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

No , I'm a Gerrard fan, but I just think he will be under pressure this season for results, no managers job is safe if they don't produce.

Every manager is under pressure any time a team doesn't win in 4/5 games. Gerrard more so because of the backing he's had.

Owners have backed Gerrard with Digne, Coutinho, Kamara, Carlos and Chambers (all on high wages). Regressing, or hovering around 12-16 will not be acceptable this season. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Normally I dont pay a lot of attention to the SPL but if SG went a whole season unbeaten,then ( even in the SPL ) he must be a decent manager.

Southgate went ubeaten with England at a higher level (debatable), you think he could take us places.

• 4 weeks later...

Media reporting about big troubles at Southampton and Hasenhüttl falling out with a large part of the squad.

Their form is as bad as ours so I expect he might be out if they fail to get a result against Leeds. If the reports are actually true that is.

He's on quite a lot of money thou and has 2 years left on the contract. Not sure they can afford to sack him

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Media reporting about big troubles at Southampton and Hasenhüttl falling out with a large part of the squad.

Their form is as bad as ours so I expect he might be out if they fail to get a result against Leeds. If the reports are actually true that is.

He's on quite a lot of money thou and has 2 years left on the contract. Not sure they can afford to sack him

Didn't they get taken over last year? New owners always want a nice new shiny manager

33 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Ten Hag will be given time. Even if they finish bottom half.

I’m not sure he’ll be allowed to finish the season if it’s looking like bottom half.

He doesn’t have a CV like Jose, LvG etc to buy himself time.

Â