The Manager thread

Xela

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hes properly overrated...

His decent Liverpool team was 15 years ago now, his league winning valencia team was 20 years ago

He's benefitting from age not being factored in to managers reputations

A bit like Bielsa who was great over 20 years ago in South America but despite his reputation and being loved by some experts and non-experts he’s done nothing across Europe apart from getting Leeds promoted.  Such is the adulation for him you’d expect his CV to be covered in trophies in the last 20 years in Europe but nope.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Joey Barton being Joey Barton… I’m not shocked he would come out with something so ill considered and crass

Not even a fine. No statement from the club. It’s a disgrace. Shame on all parties. 

• Like 1

I've never heard holocaust used in that way in my life, not sure if that's a northern thing or Bristol or local to where he is, it's not like a common thing that he knows he should say but it's just slipped out like you could say excuse pardew for his raped him comments, that's not particularly pleasant but that is common 

"how was football" 

"I had a holocaust of a game" 

Who the **** says that? That's not a thing anywhere surely

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I've never heard holocaust used in that way in my life, not sure if that's a northern thing or Bristol or local to where he is, it's not like a common thing that he knows he should say but it's just slipped out like you could say excuse pardew for his raped him comments, that's not particularly pleasant but that is common 

"how was football" 

"I had a holocaust of a game" 

Who the **** says that? That's not a thing anywhere surely

Asked some Bristolian friends and it’s not a local thing either - it’s a product of sick mind tbh. It’s the kind of rubbish someone on 4chan would spout. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/10/2021 at 19:25, theboyangel said:
Joey Barton being Joey Barton… I’m not shocked he would come out with something so ill considered and crass

Joey Barton trying to act intelligent but because he's such a moron he makes a complete arse of it. The chris eubank of football. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jesse Marsch sacked by Red Bull Leipzig, now that is interesting. Wonder who will take a punt on him.

Everton perhaps? Or Roma if Everton goes for Mourinho :D 

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what comments?

“Divock Origi, the legend, finished it off and it's a great story"

"He's an incredible striker. For different reasons, he has not played that often but I hope one day he finds a manager that plays him more than I do.“

"Winning in the 95-minute is great, but when Div scores the goal, it makes it even better to be honest."

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

"He's an incredible striker. For different reasons, he has not played that often but I hope one day he finds a manager that plays him more than I do.“

"Winning in the 95-minute is great, but when Div scores the goal, it makes it even better to be honest."

He's scored some very important goals over the years for them, especially in the CL. Probably why?

46 minutes ago, a m ole said:

sounds like he is bigging him up now Howe is back on the scene, hoping Howie baby will punt 40m on him to help the Liverpool coffers in Jan.

Or.....:shivers:.......maybe he is trying to groom Gerrard as his Howe Mark 2.

🤮

6 hours ago, sne said:

Jesse Marsch sacked by Red Bull Leipzig, now that is interesting. Wonder who will take a punt on him.

Everton perhaps? Or Roma if Everton goes for Mourinho :D 

Interesting, how far are they down the Bundesliga?

Won't get out of CL group but they are in with PSG and Man. City so was always going to be very difficult.

If Newcastle had waited a few more weeks think they'd have taken him on.

Â