The Manager thread

Xela

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s been sacked because he was so defeatist and ready to destroy the players and club publicly in an interview after the game. Whether he was right or not, it wasn’t a good look.

He was an embarrassment - more interested in his looks and his £1300 horrible looking jackets 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s been sacked because he was so defeatist and ready to destroy the players and club publicly in an interview after the game. Whether he was right or not, it wasn’t a good look.

The owners statement backs that up

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

I thought he was playing mind games for the board to give him money

Seems a very dumb thing to do with your employer. He deserves it, probably the dumbest interview I’ve seen. You’re not Mourinho, you’re not gonna get away with that

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Seems a very dumb thing to do with your employer. He deserves it, probably the dumbest interview I’ve seen. You’re not Mourinho, you’re not gonna get away with that

He’s going to struggle to find another job I feel. He will be on TalkSport soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

This kind of comment always makes me laugh, like the 10 minutes he takes to do his hair and pick out an outfit is detracting from his job.

Back in my day, we wore tracksuits and had a skincare regimen that made our face look like a ballbag. Proper men.

Of course, it doesn’t make a difference. Pep is a very well dressed man. It does feel like with Scott though it was more a reflection on how he wanted to be perceived.

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Yeah it's something Mourinho ans Rafa have done but obviously they have bigger reputations

Maybe he thought with promotion under his name he had more credit in the bank

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This kind of comment always makes me laugh, like the 10 minutes he takes to do his hair and pick out an outfit is detracting from his job.

Back in my day, we wore tracksuits and had a skincare regimen that made our face look like a ballbag. Proper men.

The vanity is what alienated Fulham fans too - didn’t think he was loyal - using the media to big himself up and angle for bigger jobs 

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2021-06-29-scott-parker-is-a-snake-good-riddance/

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The vanity is what alienated Fulham fans too - didn’t think he was loyal - using the media to big himself up and angle for bigger jobs 

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2021-06-29-scott-parker-is-a-snake-good-riddance/

It was all Thom Browne too which suits the impression you get from Scott Parker to a T. He definitely calls it ‘clobber’ and I imagine that Bournemouth dugout will smell of Davidoff Cool Water for weeks.

• Like 1

It's almost like losing 9-0 and basically saying "I'll do it again" doesn't instill the board with confidence that you're up for the job.

That post match interview was one of the most ridiculous interviews I've seen from a manager, up there with Moyes' "we're in a relegation battle" after 3 games and Sherwood's "I ain't never felt this bad ever".

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

This.

How can you have a manager who's defeatist? Had to get rid.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Wow. Looks like people with a bit more info have him figured right out.

Don't blame Bournemouth at all for getting rid.

Â