The Manager thread

Xela

6 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Sampaoli has left Marseille. Unhappy with the transfer window so far. Villa's fault :) 

Would love to see him manage a prem side at some stage, guy's a proper Bielsa type maverick and did a really good job at Marseille in the end.

Was good at Sevilla aswell so Argentina spell only really blot in his managerial CV.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would love to see him manage a prem side at some stage, guy's a proper Bielsa type maverick and did a really good job at Marseille in the end.

Was good at Sevilla aswell so Argentina spell only really blot in his managerial CV.

Clear upgrade on Bielsa but wouldn't last in Premier League when he punches Geoff Shreeves every weekend 

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Going to be a nervy few months for Premier League managers as Poch will be linked with a majority of jobs just below the top 6

Yup, Eddie Howe better keep the form from last season going because if not...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup, Eddie Howe better keep the form from last season going because if not...

Thinking our manager as well, I can see Pochettino name being thrown around on here if a bad start

Just now, Zatman said:

Thinking our manager as well, I can see Pochettino name being thrown around on here if a bad start

I don't think we have that pulling power sadly. 

Obviously I don't want us to play so badly that we need to sack the manager but that should be obvious.

And as been reported is Galtier that's replaces Poch.

Very good manager but at PSG it's all about keeping the egos in check. Will they listen?

3 minutes ago, sne said:

And as been reported is Galtier that's replaces Poch.

Very good manager but at PSG it's all about keeping the egos in check. Will they listen?

Reported to be Mbappe approved along with the Director of Football Luis Campos who worked with at Monaco

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Reported to be Mbappe approved along with the Director of Football Luis Campos who worked with at Monaco

Yup, that part of the squad will be happy. It's the south American part that will be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Poch is going to be next newcastle managed i predict,  unless of course conte walks

Good shout. You can just see it happening during the World Cup break if Newcastle aren’t in the top half. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Poch is going to be next newcastle managed i predict,  unless of course conte walks

Very good chance he could be our next manager if Gerrard doesn't get off to a good start

30 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Very good chance he could be our next manager if Gerrard doesn't get off to a good start

If gerrard is axed then poch would definitely be someone i would like here

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he'd be a great appointment for us.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Lets hope Poch is still free at Christmas.

I think he would be the fit we have been looking for since the good ole days.

I don't think Gerrard will get the Liverpool job by Xmas mate. 

• Like 1

Â