Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

I agree with that. It's woeful.

I still think there's goals there if we play some football. 

Wouodnt exactly be amazed to find that is not the case though either.

However he has to stay in the side he's the only guy who can get above walking pace lol.

Terry, we came out all guns blazing against Hull, we was playing some decent football, but due to the fact we could not seize the second goal our confidence drained like a sieve and they seized the initiative....the rest is history.

We were playing some decent stuff under RDM but couldn't see a game out.....and despite bringing players that can fix it on paper, we still can't hold our ground.

Something is clearly not right....i do not want to point fingers because I simply don't know enough about the inner workings of B6( i politics).....but Steve is the manager he has to sort it.

I think its possibly too late for him....if it was me in his shoes.....I would put the kids in and see my time out with them.

back on topic

Scott Hogan is just a symptom of Aston Villa's current plight not the disease.....I am not sure if we are set up wrong or just don't have the personnel( ability or attitude) to bring the best out in him.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, brommy said:

Depends on the effort he's making at BMH, the lifestyle he leads away from football and the physical/mental condition he keeps himself in. Not a good example to our younger players if we select players who don't give a monkeys.

The 'effort' Agbonlahor was making on the pitch yesterday was not a good example to our younger players.

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

It's difficult to judge any player in Bruce's 'system'.

Does any one of 25 or so players have any credit since Bruce came in?

I really sympathise with Hogan. I really like what I've seen of him but we seem to have no clue on how to get the best out of him.  

This is spot on. There are plenty to choose from, but Bruce is one of the poorest managers we have had. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Hogan seems like he'd work so well with Kodjia, but problem was last season Kodjia was very selfish, and having both then in the team messed up our formations.

Kodjia averaged twice as many passes each game as Hogan. While scoring 19 goals for us. 

Kodjia was not the problem. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The 'effort' Agbonlahor was making on the pitch yesterday was not a good example to our younger players.

I agree, but that doesn't detract from my original comment in reference to McCormack.

8 hours ago, terrytini said:

True.

Although he might have done better to say"don't worry about working hard, just score goals " !:)

Funny and true at the same time. 

Bruce's biggest problem, he isn't capable of completely releasing the handbrake. 

Hard work and no play makes AVFC a dull club. 

He seemed so confident in preseason of getting 20+ goals this season.

No chance of that happening unless a new manager comes in who can play a system to get the best out of him.

He's a penalty box player, he shouldn't be running the channels like he is at the minute.

On 13/08/2017 at 16:37, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well, he has got this season's goal already so he deserves to relax now.

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great all we need is playing for ROI when Hogans injury record is poor 

He'll only play for them if he's good enough - which he currently isn't. If he does get picked it will be because he's scoring goals for us. Seems harsh to be annoyed that he's got an international call up.

57 minutes ago, andym said:

Over/under on how many times we will hear 'long ball over the top for Hogan to chase' tonight?

But what else do we do with him? Because he seems to have to be given the greatest threaded pass every single time. 

In all seriousness what passes does he need? Passed to feet, his touch isn't great and with a defender on him I've seen him usually give it away. In the air he's no threat to a defender and if he does get the ball we've seen in the last two games he rarely finds a team mate to help build an attack. He's also had good chances and failed to take them. 

Those feeling sorry for him surely can't expect every pass to him to be the perfect, weighted, threaded ball.

I'm amazed he gets off so lightly from criticism. His performances have been woeful and are a major factor in our inability to create or keep possession. 

1 hour ago, andym said:

Over/under on how many times we will hear 'long ball over the top for Hogan to chase' tonight?

Not many, it won't be long until Brucey gives up on him, I predict it might start tonight with Gabby up top, and a nice defensive winger on the left.

• Like 1

Â