Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

He'll only play for them if he's good enough - which he currently isn't. If he does get picked it will be because he's scoring goals for us. Seems harsh to be annoyed that he's got an international call up.

Not annoyed that he is called up as such just the fact that the international injury curse will strike again

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Great all we need is playing for ROI when Hogans injury record is poor 

Yeah will be a major loss for us....

Whats his call up based on ? - can't be current form can it ?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

But what else do we do with him? Because he seems to have to be given the greatest threaded pass every single time. 

In all seriousness what passes does he need? Passed to feet, his touch isn't great and with a defender on him I've seen him usually give it away. In the air he's no threat to a defender and if he does get the ball we've seen in the last two games he rarely finds a team mate to help build an attack. He's also had good chances and failed to take them. 

Those feeling sorry for him surely can't expect every pass to him to be the perfect, weighted, threaded ball.

I'm amazed he gets off so lightly from criticism. His performances have been woeful and are a major factor in our inability to create or keep possession. 

He's a bit like Remi Garde - he is so utterly bad that people refuse to see it - and come out with 'right man at the wrong time' or 'he doesn't get the service'  

His shortcomings listed are above are there for all to see - and thats whats limits his goal threat.  Sure We don't pitch the ball to him 6 yards from an open goal - but if thats what he needs then he ain't that good. 

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

He's a bit like Remi Garde - he is so utterly bad that people refuse to see it - and come out with 'right man at the wrong time' or 'he doesn't get the service'  

His shortcomings listed are above are there for all to see - and thats whats limits his goal threat.  Sure We don't pitch the ball to him 6 yards from an open goal - but if thats what he needs then he ain't that good. 

Hyperbole. 

Spend 3 minutes watching the goals he scored for Brentford. He might never recapture that form here, I accept that, but no way in Mcgraths name is he 'so utterly bad that people refuse to see it'

Out of form and lacking confidence, yes. A poor player, no.  

• Like 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Hyperbole. 

Spend 3 minutes watching the goals he scored for Brentford. He might never recapture that form here, I accept that, but no way in Mcgraths name is he 'so utterly bad that people refuse to see it'

Im going on what Ive seen here.  Check out his career stats he has had more barren spells than prolific spells.  He needs to learn to trap a ball, beat a defender etc.  

11 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Hyperbole. 

No doubt he had a good spell there. But as I've said previously at 25 he's had a 32 game spell. There's probably quite a few players who have been shit hot for a season and never repeated it. 

He may well start to score some goals, he's not completely useless and does have some qualities to his game. 

There's just 2 things I strongly disagree with. 

1) the idea he's some natural proven goal scorer. He's not. 

2) it's the fault of everyone else. He has to take responsibility for poor performances.

I seriously hope he starts to come good, because otherwise we won't be going up and he will be up there with the worst spent money we've done business on. 

Needs to improve, no doubt. He's not utterly bad though. 

I think depression is setting in and the negativity surrounding Bruce is spreading, unfairly at times, towards some of the players. We need a shift from extremes. 

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

He'll only play for them if he's good enough - which he currently isn't. If he does get picked it will be because he's scoring goals for us. Seems harsh to be annoyed that he's got an international call up.

Kevin doyle still gets a call up ;)

I think Hogan is like a lot of players who stand out in the Championship, they bust their gut to get to that level and start having success, but then they get their big money move and it's almost like their level of expectation triples overnight.  It's tough to handle for some, Kodjia being an exception as he rightly thinks he's the dog's bollocks.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I read that in the match thread. 

He really didn't 

He played a bad pass that hit a defenders leg and bounced into greens path. 

Oh did he? My bad, I didn't notice that. Looked like a clean pass to me.

He looks a lot like Darren bent under McLeish to me, complete tactical mismatch, I think he's doing well not to cut a thoroughly pissed off player out there, from what I can remember bent stopped even trying to win most headers come the end

Â