Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

He's gonna take a battering on here tonight but I feel sorry for the guy. He's being asked to do way too much.

He looks to me like a decent goal scorer but to lump the ball up to him or into the channels just isn't gonna work. It's not his game and why Bruce signed him with this tactic in mind I have no idea. 

• Like 3

To be honest, whilst I still think he is lacking service (that much is obvious), he was still atrocious today. His first touch in particular was awful, and he wasn't doing enough to close down the opposition and make runs in behind. 

He looked very lethargic and was very poor with what he did do. 

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

He's not great and we overpaid, but the service to him is absolutely woeful, and he rarely has anyone near him.

I can't really fault him in these circumstances.

What about his miss?

How many clear cut one on ones can he expect each game?

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

What about his miss?

How many clear cut one on ones can he expect each game?

Agree. Awful miss. As soon as he took the extra touch he was going to fail. 

Usually that's a confidence thing..?

He may well be awful !

I just see mitigating circumstances at the moment.

Edited by terrytini

Takes his chance against Hull 2-0 half time and who knows. 

Takes his chance today and that bright start has paid off. 

Massive let down. We aren't the sort of team that can afford to miss these chances. 

Think of the money we've spent on him and McCormack. Mind blowing waste of cash for a club in the championship struggling to keep to FFP regulations. 

With Kodjia still out for awhile, he is our only hope I'm afraid. No-one else is going to step up, are they? Gabby was totally invisible. Our midfield isn't going to score three goals between them this season. Terry?

I don't know how, but we have to get him more opportunities. If he fails them, fine. But we have to, there's no other way for us to score. 

Edited by AVTuco

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Takes his chance against Hull 2-0 half time and who knows. 

Takes his chance today and that bright start has paid off. 

Massive let down. We aren't the sort of team that can afford to miss these chances. 

Think of the money we've spent on him and McCormack. Mind blowing waste of cash for a club in the championship struggling to keep to FFP regulations. 

He had to make those chances himself though. The hull one was all him, the Cardiff one was a lucky bounce and he done well to get in front of the defender, turn and create it for himself.

I know he should've put them away, both were good saves by the keeper though, but he gets **** all service and imagine the frustration he suffers for 90 minutes when he knows he will probably get 1 chance and have to create it himself.

I think with better service from midfield, he would score goals. You may disagree but that's football.

Â