Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Each time he's played up top on his own I've excused his lack of impact due to not having adequate support. However Davies has blown that away today. The kid did more in 45 minutes than Hogan's done all season. Hogan should be below Davies in the pecking order next season. Shows that you can et involved if you put the effort in 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, blunther said:

Each time he's played up top on his own I've excused his lack of impact due to not having adequate support. However Davies has blown that away today. The kid did more in 45 minutes than Hogan's done all season. Hogan should be below Davies in the pecking order next season. Shows that you can et involved if you put the effort in 

I said it against blues. Yes the service was poor but just effort and attitude can still make you a pain to play against. He offered nothing. 

Fast looking like a massive waste of money. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Hogan is a liability. The new 'sick note'.

he got kicked in the leg. That's like called a boxer 'bruise-prone' as a result of being repeatedly punched in the face.

• Like 3

Missed a very, very good chance and looks like another injury. It really hasn't worked out for him at all so far. Can only hope he see the 'old' Hogan after a full preseason. 

If there's one thing we have learnt from this is that we should never spend this sort of money on a Championship standard player again. 

• Like 1

He's desperately unlucky isn't he, the ankle again. Hopefully it isn't too bad.

While I've supported Hogan in recent weeks in saying he needs support from the midfield, I thought Davis was so much better than him today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Missed a very, very good chance and looks like another injury. It really hasn't worked out for him at all so far. Can only hope he see the 'old' Hogan after a full preseason. 

If there's one thing we have learnt from this is that we should never spend this sort of money on a Championship standard player again. 

He didn't, you're thinking of the Lansbury miss.

He is slow, weak, doesn't move, doesn't work the channels, doesn't see his midfielder in trouble so goes wide to provide an outlet....and I have never seen a forward miss so many chances in the warm up.

Edited by rodders0223

36 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lansbury had the header... Dr P is probably referring to the chance from the back pass that the keeper saved.

Yes, that's the one, the sort of chance you'd expect a £10m+ striker to finish off.

4 hours ago, blunther said:

Not all strikers thrive in the same role. Just because Davis played well on his own upfront means Hogan can. Hogan isn't a bad player, he was clinical for Brentford in a style that suited him. He's suffered like a lot of our signings in that we don't seem to play to their strengths. It's a scattergun transfer policy, which needs to be sorted. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We truly are the cursed. Our record with Strikers this year has been the stuff of nightmares. 

Hogan and McCormack are good players, just not happened for them this season due to various reasons. I'm still hopeful they will thrive. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Hogan and McCormack are good players, just not happened for them this season due to various reasons. I'm still hopeful they will thrive. 

Not McCormack unless Bruce goes. I can't see a way back for them. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Strangely enough I actually think those two, Hogan and McCormack would play well together as a front two.

fingers crossed for that to happen!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Take it you haven't seen the recent Bruce comments that he doesn't bear a grudge and basically the door (not gate) is open for him?

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Return of the (big) Mac. 

He'll be back in claret and blue next season. 

Laughable that people are writing him off already after an injury hit couple of months in a team which produces very little in the way of service or quality. How did Ashley Young do in his first 6months?

Give him time. He may be shite or become a legend too early to tell either way. 

• Like 4

Â