Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Sorry mate, disagree entirely. The majority of strikers need service. His movement is fantastic and he showed at Brentford that he will score bucket loads when playing in a cohesive unit. 

There is a reason he was on the verge of joining a premier league team. 

He wouldn't be the first player to have a decent run at one club and fail to deliver it when stepping up to a bigger one. 

Kodjia doesn't rely on perfect service all the time. Neither does Gabby when he's played. Players can still get involved in the game and make things happen when inch perfect passes aren't always coming. 

I've seen very little from Hogan at the moment. I'm not writing him off completely, i think there's more to come but he's struggling big time at the moment. To just blame service let's him off the hook for some pretty woeful displays. 

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He wouldn't be the first player to have a decent run at one club and fail to deliver it when stepping up to a bigger one. 

But we aren't talking about building a team around him, or even radically changing a system to suit him. We are simply talking about putting a couple of blokes behind him that can spot a run and pass a football, i feel that's not too much to ask at this level of football. You can see from the runs he makes that he is a clever kid and a good player. He will come good. 

Players can still get involved in the game and make things happen when inch perfect passes aren't always coming. 

Just to touch on my post above, how do you think someone like Michael Owen would have done in this team? Playing infront of Gardner and Jedinak?

To just blame service let's him off the hook for some pretty woeful displays. 

Watch todays game back. He probably made a dozen good runs that were not seen by the idiots behind him. I think there is more than enough justification to cut the guy some slack. 

Edited by av1

He's shown enough to me to suggest he will be a success with a bit more creativity behind him. The midfielders haven't worked out how each other play yet let alone a new striker who has very little game time for us so far. 

Once they start to spot his runs he will be in far more. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He needs to massively step up for the next game now.

Anyone know if he scored much for Brentford v SHA? Their defence would rather face him than Kodjia.

he has 1 in 1

For me this is Hogans chance to become a hero. He will be up top by himself against our hated rivals. He needs a midfield of lansbury and hourihane who can pick out his runs.

There is no doubt blose will try another the space he has so we need a midfield of

Adomah lansbury hourihane grealish

Jedinak

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 18:50, DCJonah said:

Kodjia doesn't rely on perfect service all the time. Neither does Gabby when he's played. Players can still get involved in the game and make things happen when inch perfect passes aren't always coming. 

I've seen very little from Hogan at the moment. I'm not writing him off completely, i think there's more to come but he's struggling big time at the moment. To just blame service let's him off the hook for some pretty woeful displays. 

It's almost like Angel's first season for us, he makes some brilliant run's but no one see's them. Occasionally they do, but the ball to him is way to late and he is in an offside position, this is something he was getting frustrated with on Monday.

As the team starts playing with more cohesion we will see some of his run's rewarded.

The service from midfield has let us down all season unfortunately. Just look at the amount of goals we have scored compared to the rest of the teams in the top half of this league.

Until the manager allows Lansbury and Hourihane to play their natural game Hogan will continue to struggle and so will the rest of the team. It isn't a player issue.

• Like 3

On 15/04/2017 at 19:05, Farlz said:

To be fair he can play as a lone striker, he did so with Brentford and look how well he done. He just doesn't get enough service with us right now, he gets about 1 good chance a game. That's the big issue.

To me, the chances he gets - he misses - that's the big issue IMO.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Scored in both games against Birmingham for Brentford this season. He was also Man of the Match in the last game against them.

Feed the hogster and he will score! I want to see more from Hogan hopefully Sunday with the right midfield behind him he will get chances.

I think he might play grealish behind Hogan on sunday

2 hours ago, striker said:

Until the manager allows Lansbury and Hourihane to play their natural game Hogan will continue to struggle and so will the rest of the team. It isn't a player issue.

Of course it is. How Kjodia can score in almost every other game. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Of course it is. How Kjodia can score in almost every other game. 

I can't speak for all of Kodjia's goals as I haven't seen all of them but he does tend to make quite a few on his own plus more recently he has capitalised on defensive mistakes.

Hogan on the other hand tends to prey on the through ball and chances made by others.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

It's his time to shine. I hope he really takes the opportunity to smash in a winner for us against the sullied ones. what a way that would be to gain the support of the fans and prove he has the potential to be as lethal as our beloved Kodija.

2 hours ago, striker said:

I can't speak for all of Kodjia's goals as I haven't seen all of them but he does tend to make quite a few on his own plus more recently he has capitalised on defensive mistakes.

Hogan on the other hand tends to prey on the through ball and chances made by others.

So it is player issue then ? 

I think be 'create his own' you mean that Kjodia can beat a defender before a having a shot on goal - not an unreasonable quality for a striker to have ?. Hogan seems barely able to bring the ball under control when he receives it

I know it's early days, and I know he's had injury issues, but I'm not sure about this player.

When Brentford are on song they create and score chances for fun. I hope Hogan isn't a player who needs 3 chances to put away 1, we just don't create all that much.

Looking at Brentford's team, Vibe has scored 15 and has 8 assists, maybe we should have signed him instead?

Edited by PieFacE

Create chances and he will score. Kodija and him are completely different players. Kodija scores goals all on his own where as Hogan needs service. I think he's got a touch of the Kevin Phillips about him and he loved a derby. Bruce needs to let Hourihane and Lansbury play higher up and he'll get more chances. 

Needs to step up Sunday. Big money signing, I'm sure he has ambition to play in the premier league. Has to show it. 

I don't think it's acceptable to excuse a nothing performance by blaming the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

Â