Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

#DropKodjia

Amazingly this was a thing. And extended from some to sell kodjia. 

For me, I'd like to give kodjia and McCormack the chance to build a partnership and have Hogan applying the pressure from the bench to begin with 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Or can anticipate the excellent runs he makes.

When he first played I shared this view. That he was making excellent runs and not getting the ball.

But towards the end of the season, some of his runs ended up being quite bizarre. Maybe he was trying different things because he wasn't getting the ball normally. But he made some really strange decisions.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When he first played I shared this view. That he was making excellent runs and not getting the ball.

But towards the end of the season, some of his runs ended up being quite bizarre. Maybe he was trying different things because he wasn't getting the ball normally. But he made some really strange decisions.

Mccormack has the movement and link play that will benefit hogan - if they hit it off together his goals along with kodija will make us formidable.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Mccormack has the movement and link play that will benefit hogan - if they hit it off together his goals along with kodija will make us formidable.

I agree in theory those two should work 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Didn't catch the game. How did he do last night? 

Nice burst of pace in one run down the line - looked really  fast , tried to be involved and looked ok but mccormack was the one who impressed more and had 3 or 3 decent chances .

Hogan will need time to sharpen his game - main thing is getting fitness at this stage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Nice burst of pace in one run down the line - looked really  fast , tried to be involved and looked ok but mccormack was the one who impressed more and had 3 or 3 decent chances .

Hogan will need time to sharpen his game - main thing is getting fitness at this stage.

Agree McCormack stood out....Hogan looked fast and sharp, and was it my imagination a wee bit more muscular.

Looked at his best when Hourihane was higher up the pitch.

A few decent interchanges with McCormack.

Promising.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agree McCormack stood out....Hogan looked fast and sharp, and was it my imagination a wee bit more muscular.

Promising.

Sounds great!

27 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Promising.

I think the shirt is a much tighter fit by the looks of it. He certainly has some guns.

On 7/10/2017 at 07:22, DCJonah said:

Amazingly this was a thing. And extended from some to sell kodjia. 

For me, I'd like to give kodjia and McCormack the chance to build a partnership and have Hogan applying the pressure from the bench to begin with 

You say 'amazingly ' like it would be daft to do so. I'm not so sure.

I would much rather kodge could alter his game as he has so much going for him but the simple fact is do we have the time with us needing to hit the ground running. This is a massive problem with him missing pre season too.

Hogan and McCormack will have hopefully have formed the starting of a partnership during pre-season, with the other attackers too. If this works well what do we do then? Fit kodge straight back in? 

His major problem is when he comes in he will alter the focus of the attack...unless he can change of course. But knowing this do we risk breaking up the partnerships to fit him in?

Of course this could be moot and  either he fits in straight away or we are crying out for his goals. But atm it's not a question that doesn't need answering.

• Like 1

I just feel we need a target man to get the best out of him.. Bentekesque. Kodjia cant hold the ball up and McCormack is too similar. Gabby is probably the best option from who we have. Not saying much though

• Like 1

Â