Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Can't help but agree with the consensus. You can see teams relax when he gets the ball in the final third. It's so easy for defenders; give Taylor a moment on the ball, just make sure you get turned around so you've got your back to goal, approach to within 5-10 yards of him, then make sure the defensive line can move out to put pressure on the inevitable pass across the front of the penalty area. Time and time again. The more time Taylor has on the ball, the more certain that's what will happen, so he's just literally helping defences get set.

• Like 2

I am sick to death of seeing this bloke play. How can a Premier League footballer not do a simple overlap and cross while playing fullback? It's an absolute joke. He completely destroys our left side every single game. 

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can't help but agree with the consensus. You can see teams relax when he gets the ball in the final third. It's so easy for defenders; give Taylor a moment on the ball, just make sure you get turned around so you've got your back to goal, approach to within 5-10 yards of him, then make sure the defensive line can move out to put pressure on the inevitable pass across the front of the penalty area. Time and time again. The more time Taylor has on the ball, the more certain that's what will happen, so he's just literally helping defences get set.

I really like Taylor. He's been a great servant. Defensively solid this season, but this I can't disagree with. Unfortunately El ghazi and targett would be a defensive car crash together, so need to make do till Jan and add a lb to the shopping list

Edited by tomav84

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I am sick to death of seeing this bloke play. How can a Premier League footballer not do a simple overlap and cross while playing fullback? It's an absolute joke. He completely destroys our left side every single game. 

I wouldn't mind if he did that. I wouldn't mind so much if he overlapped and overhit 5 crosses into the Trinity. Just do something. Take responsibility. Just swing your pissing leg at it and take the groans of the Holte.

he has been better this season so far......but if we think he is ok, we will struggle......we need better players than ok to survive.

He is not good enough, his overall game is not good enough, you cannot hold your place in this league with limited players....He has a pusillanimous tendency, that puts proceedings on edge.I think its one of the worst traits as a footballer, but just my Opinion.

However, its no good replacing him with someone worse......We have to see what Matt Target can do.

Â