Neil Taylor

One For The Road

He has done better than I thought defensively.

But the prophecy says he must never, NEVER look upon the opposing goal, that way lies his doom.

tenor.gif?itemid=11971475&f=1

A quick comparison of our full backs positioning against Everton. 

image.png.87f5c6605f06a52e1a753b157afce00a.png

I thought he played pretty good. I just wish he would help more going forward.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

On 31/08/2019 at 19:09, abdulaziz1 said:

I’d even start Hause instead of him currently.

I’m surprised.

He’s done pretty well defensively, so swapping him for Hause won’t help much.

The main issue is that he offers ZERO going forward, but I can’t imagine Hause doing much more from open play either.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

I’m surprised.

He’s done pretty well defensively, so swapping him for Hause won’t help much.

The main issue is that he offers ZERO going forward, but I can’t imagine Hause doing much more from open play either.

Hause is ok going forward, as @Tomaszk said, he's better on ball. Add the factor of his height which would help more in set pieces (which used to be a threat last season). Add to all of that he'd be an improvement defensively. It's also good to start integrating players to the team. I think he'd do a good job there. 

• Like 1

I've been advocating for Taylor quite a lot. But there was quite a few attacks that broke down on the left versus Crystal Palace. There was one particular moment where he had space and time to challenge their full back, put in a cross, or a thru ball(would be a difficult one). And he chose to play it all the way back to midfield . Which let Crystal Palace re establish their defensive line. 

I honestly wouldn't mind giving McGinn a go at left back.

Looking at the highlights he had a torrid time against Palace, so many of their dangerous attacks came down his side. Not sure if specifically him or a lack of support but they seemed to bypass him at will. 

5 hours ago, Skruff said:

I've been advocating for Taylor quite a lot. But there was quite a few attacks that broke down on the left versus Crystal Palace. There was one particular moment where he had space and time to challenge their full back, put in a cross, or a thru ball(would be a difficult one). And he chose to play it all the way back to midfield . Which let Crystal Palace re establish their defensive line. 

sadly i do agree with this (apart from the mcginn bit...that's just crazy talk).

i maintain taylor is our best LB currently (how people think that hause will be an improvement is beyond me) but there was one time i remember (might have been the same you're talking about) where he literally had no idea what to do once he entered their half. i still think he should be LB until we find a replacement but in addition to our forward line, it is an area that needs addressing. be interested if the board sanction a signing of another LB when they've already spent 14m on one

7 hours ago, Skruff said:

I have zero doubts McGinn would be an absolutely ridiculously good left back immediately.

Too good in midfield though.

44 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I have zero doubts McGinn would be an absolutely ridiculously good left back immediately.

Too good in midfield though.

LWB yes Mcginn.

• 2 weeks later...
Â