Neil Taylor

One For The Road

A reckless tackle and probably a top level career ender for Coleman. Bale's tackle on O'Shea was dirtier and more of an attempt of a leg break in my view, the ref's leniency there led to players taking liberties and Taylor got carried away with terrible consequences. He won't be right in the head to play for a couple of weeks anyway.

On another note Ramsey and a couple of other Welsh players were a disgrace for protesting the red card when a fellow pro is on the ground with his leg broke in 2.

• Like 1

Rough luck on both sides.

Won't be a career ender. Breaks are pretty good in terms of prognosis these days. You see worse on a weekly basis in the NFL and they come back fine now.

In football, Amavi's knee injury was much worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Taylor is an honest pro and flew in full pelt. Sometimes the injury is far worse than the intent. Shawcross in Ramsey for example. People were treating Shawcross like a murderer when he was stretching for a ball that was there to be won. There's a difference between clumsy/dangerous and malicious. 

Nonsense. Watch that tackle again. Shawcross wasn't stretching for the ball at all, he was pretty much in control of the ball and favourite but decided to goal in 100mph and punt straight through Ramsey's shin, no doubt encouraged by Pulis to "leave one on him."

As for the Taylor challenge tonight, that was an utter disgrace too. He can cry all he wants but nobody goes into a tackle like that without the purpose of wanting to hurt someone. Maybe not break a leg but he wanted to catch him.

Why are people on here explaining it away as one of those things? He's snapped a players leg in half with one of the most outrageously appalling challenges you'll ever have the misfortune of seeing. 

It might have not been malicious or been mistimed, but that doesn't make it excusable. It's shockingly bad and he's just ruined a players career. 

How would people be reacting if he'd done that to Kodjia in training i wonder...

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 3

Feel for Coleman, that's an ugly looking break. Hope he is able to fully recover.

Don't think slating Taylor serves any purpose. Can't comprehend the thought there was any intent there.

A dumb and wreckless challenge, but not malicious, with unfortunately the worse possible outcome. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bad challenge but anyone who says that's the worst challenge they've ever seen is a monumental f*cktard. It was not malicious at all, Taylor was 100% going for the ball, it was just an awfully executed tackle, yes these things do happen. This is no where near the level of Keane on Haaland, or Witsel on Wasilewski, two challenges that were clearly hyper malicious attempts to maim their opponent.

them 2 sprung straight to my mind. it wasnt even worst tackle in game. Bale assault on O'Shea was worst........and he is appealing the yellow card he got :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Feel for Coleman, that's an ugly looking break. Hope he is able to fully recover.

Don't think slating Taylor serves any purpose. Can't comprehend the thought there was any intent there.

A dumb and wreckless challenge, but not malicious, with unfortunately the worse possible outcome. 

I really can't see how people are defending this tackle as a technical error. It wasn't just late or mistimed, his foot hasn't unfortunately rolled over the ball. The ball is dribbling along the ground and his foot somehow goes straight into the middle of Coleman's leg. Also the force he goes into the tackle with was completely needless too.

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The Bacuna vitriol was deserved. His behaviour was disgusting. I don't see what that has to do with a rash tackle that caused serious injury but was in no way malicious

Are you Neil Taylor or do you have a Being John Malkovich door into his mind?  How do you know there was no malice?

Taylor has snapped a guys leg in two just below the knee with an over the top full blooded challenge. His foot was high, he was late. No one except him knows if he meant to hurt him or not. 

Bacuna in a split second lost his mind and charged into the linesman chest bumping him. Stupid and rash. Deservedly banned. 

But my point is as he is no fan fav the abuse directed at him by some went completely over the top. Just like know with Taylor as he is a new fan fav he is being defended beyond rationale. 

No balance by some just blind favouritism.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I really can't see how people are defending this tackle as a technical error. It wasn't just late or mistimed, his foot hasn't unfortunately rolled over the ball. The ball is dribbling along the ground and his foot somehow goes straight into the middle of Coleman's leg. Also the force he goes into the tackle with was completely needless too.

Where do I say I'm defending him? It was a terrible tackle, but I don't think Taylor slid in thinking, 'I'm going to snap this guys leg in half'. Maybe you're the one struggling to be objective. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Nonsense. Watch that tackle again. Shawcross wasn't stretching for the ball at all, he was pretty much in control of the ball and favourite but decided to goal in 100mph and punt straight through Ramsey's shin, no doubt encouraged by Pulis to "leave one on him."

As for the Taylor challenge tonight, that was an utter disgrace too. He can cry all he wants but nobody goes into a tackle like that without the purpose of wanting to hurt someone. Maybe not break a leg but he wanted to catch him.

Shawcross has gone in hard and only just gone over the top of the ball. He's gone to kick the ball HARD and missed. It was a terrible tackle. Taylor is going in, nowhere near the ball and catching Coleman higher than shawcross caught Ramsey. Both god damn awful tackles and both as bad as each other. 

Cant believe some are trying to defend Taylor for it. (Not you rodders). 

Trying to use his reaction as some sort of defence, (again not you rodders) shawcross was visibly in absolute bits but he was playing fine and forgotten about it a few weeks later. No doubt Taylor will play against Norwich next weekend and he will be absolutely fine. Coleman won't. Coleman won't this year. No excuse

• Like 2

Not a clever challenge at all, the pace Taylor flies at Coleman is terrible.

I do think sometimes though once contact happens it's a lottery what happens.

Plenty of times I've seen horrendous tackles and the opponent gets up with barely a scratch.

One that comes to mind this season was Ross Barkley on Henderson in December. That was one of the worst tackles I've seen all season.

Dele Ali also did a terrible one in the Europe game a few weeks back.

ross.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

In response to one of the most irritating and clichéd defences of a footballer thrown around these days. "He's not that kind of player". He done it. He is.

There's relatives though. Michael Brown and Stephen Hunt were those types of players, constantly flying in late to endanger opponents. Modern day Barton is one who likes to fly in late and leave marks on opponents.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There's relatives though. Michael Brown and Stephen Hunt were those types of players, constantly flying in late to endanger opponents. Modern day Barton is one who likes to fly in late and leave marks on opponents.

Does that not set a dangerous precedent though ? I mean hartson and saunders the latter whom I've always thought is a few brain cells removed of any logic when ya hear him speak, defending taylor and saying it's out of character blah blah. If you go down that route and that becomes an acceptable defence in the media then every player who has a clean record can get a "freebie " in because he's " not that type of player ". Needs to be looked at in a singular instance.  He broke the lads leg with a reckless,  horrific tackle. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Does that not set a dangerous precedent though ? I mean hartson and saunders the latter whom I've always thought is a few brain cells removed of any logic when ya hear him speak, defending taylor and saying it's out of character blah blah. If you go down that route and that becomes an acceptable defence in the media then every player who has a clean record can get a "freebie " in because he's " not that type of player ". Needs to be looked at in a singular instance.  He broke the lads leg with a reckless,  horrific tackle. 

I never said any of that.

I said Taylor flew in at a dangerous pace. He did go for the ball but in that situation you are risking it big time if you don't get there first.

My point was imo Barkley and Dele Ali made worse tackles this season but they get forgotten about because they somehow didn't cause serious injury.

• Like 1

Â