Neil Taylor

One For The Road

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Never seen anyone take as much abuse from a home crowd as Neil Taylor which was completely undeserved. Did well defensively and was part of our resurgence which can't be overstated. Seems to be really well respected by the players & staff too which is great to see.

Blimey, did you not go in the McLeish years?

• Like 2

A proper old school left back who got a nose bleed when ever he dared to cross the half way line. He feels like a bit of a throw back player now that full backs are expected to create as much as they defend. I would have always liked to have seen him on the left side of a back 3 where he wouldn’t have been expected to push up and attack (which always exposed him), because I think he was very underrated as a pure defender, although unfortunately he isn’t large enough to be a centre back in a back 2. Really interested to see where he goes next.

2 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Much love, respect and thanks to the guy but that is one f#ckin threadbare highlights reel...

i'm sure they could've done better. eyebrows were raised when he started our first game back in the PL vs spurs but had a great game if memory serves

2 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

A proper old school left back who got a nose bleed when ever he dared to cross the half way line. He feels like a bit of a throw back player now that full backs are expected to create as much as they defend. 

Nothing new about attacking fullbacks at Villa, we've had them for years - Staunton, Swain, Gidman, Aitken and many others. 

Lost his edge after the Coleman clash ( think it was Coleman?)

From being a semi attacking player, he withdrew massively into a stop at the half way line player.

Sighed to myself when ever he came on in the last few years as we were pretty much always going to be on the back foot with little support down the left to relieve the pressure.

Apparently a very likeable human and great for the squad, also a valuable advocate of Asian footballers and a weel respected amongst his peers player.

Would like him to do his badges and possibly help the academy / recruitment of the top Asian players.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smg said:

The amount of abuse (some very personal ) he received from followers of this club on this forum was disgusting.

but so many people either couldn’t see it or chose to follow the loud ones on here like sheep and slag him off regardless.

Same thing happened to Alan Hutton.

We have some real morons supporting this club.

• Like 1

Seems like a really good guy and i agree with most the abuse he got was unjustified. He wasn’t the best left back in the world but I don’t think you can criticise his effort. I genuinely wish him well where ever he ends up 

• Like 1

So now he’s going the general consensus is that he was a good lad and we wish him well but while he was playing he was s**t and shouldn’t wear the shirt, why do so called supporters think it is acceptable to ridicule our players just because they don’t like them because they .......... who knows why ? If supporters got behind all our players not just the popular ones  we would be in a better place, where we want to be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I must have missed it, but has he fully retired from football? And Elmo too?

Don’t think so, Still without a club but he’s only 32, I gather it’s difficult for players his age to find a club on decent wages and suitable for his circumstances , family life relocation ect

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

Bit younger than Alan Hutton but same situation I reckon. Very settled in the area young family and nowhere really to go.

Forest are absolutely stacked with about a billion pros. Blues are a shambles. Coventry pay pennies and are on a different trajectory with their strategy.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Steer, Taylor, Elmo and Hourihane, will/would all find it incredibly difficult to get an sort of decent championship contract.

All pretty important players in our promotion and survival. Remarkable.

Â