Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

I think hanging on to players like Thor who may well prove useful but just aren't playing is part of what has hampered us over the last few years. we have a massive squad for the championship. He's surely 3rd choice everywhere at best. Makes total sense to offload him if we can imo.

• Like 4

Don’t see much point in selling him unless we need the cash to fund another deal or we receive an offer too good to turn down.

He’s by and large been terrible, but if he can do a job in that DM role, then he’s probably worth sticking with. It seems to be an important position in how we play. Especially considering Jedinak’s injuries and the question marks over Whelan’s performances.

• Like 2

I think what the recent forest game showed is that he's a good 'second half of a game' option, especially when it comes to that DM position.  Bring him on against tiring legs and he's very effective.

Thing is he needs more minutes than he's currently getting.  Personally i'd give him some games at DM against the less physical teams in the division and see how he progresses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, poitier said:

He's never looked up to the pace of English football. A good couple of cameos in the last few games, but for what he provides we might as well give a youngster some game time.

But we play at walking tempo. 

So he might be a perfect fit.

I think this is where decision making is crucial.

If a players appraisal is full of if's but's and maybe's.......They must be replaced by players who are much closer to certainties.....and excitment at seeing their name on a  matchday sheet.

Thats what progress is.....we have a way to go.

If we get a good firm offer.......and we can replace him with a stronger option who is more dynamic.....then we should do it.

If we are going to sign someone just as iffy......don't do it.

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Play him against Barnsley and Sheff Utd and see how he does. 

If nothing else, at least it keeps Whelan out of the team

• Like 2

If we're playing defensive football I'd prefer Jedi in there but if we're playing attacking football I'd want Thor in there over Jedi and Whelan, Thor just moves the ball forward better then them which gives grealish space to move how ever I'd prefer Landsbury over Thor. I don't think he will ever be a first team player but he can be a very good utlitly player that we should keep a hold of, it just depends wether he is happy with that role.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 18:18, The Fun Factory said:

Might raise a few eyebrows but I rather keep Thor than Lansbury.

I really fail to see what Lansbury offers us. our other midfielders I can see what the job is but not Lansbury

Â