Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tonev, Richards, Westwood, Lescott, Boulding, Luna, Herd, Richardson, Jenas, Shorey, Bosko, Cissokho

Thats just from top of my head who have been worse than him

Cant argue with any of them add berson, dawkins, bennett, djemba djemba amd ireland 

He's in the conversation.

And if it wasn't for the last game there would be a lot of players on Zatman's list I'd be saying he was worse than, especially when you consider we are in a league below where most of those played.

There's absolutely no chance on earth he's been any better than Westwood and Cissokho for example, even including the last game. That's completely absurd.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Stephen Ireland, our player of the season (fair enough in a crap season)? You think Bjarnasson is better than he was?

People have very short memories.

A decent 45 minute vs Nottingham Forest has turned Bjarnasson into **** Busquets :D 
You really are only as good as your last game on VT

No one is suggetsing he is as good as busquets. :)

Didnt rate ireland here but of the list he would be on the end. The likes of Djemba Djemba and Berson were much worse

Edited by Demitri_C

I think it's fair to say he is obviously a decent footballer and has the ability. It's just that until the Forest game he hasn't shown it here. He's played in a very good international team and done well in the champions league. Hopefully it's the start of him finally showing some form for us. 

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's in the conversation.

And if it wasn't for the last game there would be a lot of players on Zatman's list I'd be saying he was worse than, especially when you consider we are in a league below where most of those played.

There's absolutely no chance on earth he's been any better than Westwood and Cissokho for example, even including the last game. That's completely absurd.

Completely agree with this. I seem to have been misquoted as saying he's the worst player I've seen when I actually said he's one of the worst. He's also playing at a lower level than the majority of the names people have mentioned against some pretty poor sides. Players like Herd, Westwood, Cissokoh and Ireland shouldn't even be in the conversation for me either.

I still stand by the fact that before the last 60 minutes of league football that he's played he was absolutely amongst those names. If you throw in the fact that he was underwhelming against Peterborough in two positions I'm sorry if I'm not completely convinced that he's turned the corner just yet.

Obviously it goes without saying that I hope he can build on his good 60 minutes and goes on to put in some good performances for us now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is suggetsing he is as good as busquets. :)

Didnt rate ireland here but of the list he would be on the end. The likes of Djemba Djemba and Berson were much worse

No, I was being tongue in cheek about Busquets obviously.

My point was Bjarnasson has been utter toilet for near enough 12 months. Easily as bad as anyone listed above.
Then 45 minutes later opinion has suddenly changed.

IF he continues to play like he did vs Forest then he'll elevate himself above that. But 45 minutes doesn't change my opinion that for the vast VAST majority of his time here he has been absolutely terrible.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Tonev, Richards, Westwood, Lescott, Boulding, Luna, Herd, Richardson, Jenas, Shorey, Bosko, Cissokho

Thats just from top of my head who have been worse than him

Easily worse than all of them bar Richardson and Tonev. The rest of them resembled footballers at some point or another.

He's seriously in the conversation for worst Villa player I've seen, technically speaking. He's like Brett Holman but even worse somehow which is incredible.

He's been given cameos in random positions and never had a consecutive run of games in any of them.

Can't really judge him at all IMO,

I hope he stays because I rather have him in the squad than Whelan, and Jedi is likely to miss more games.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

No, I was being tongue in cheek about Busquets obviously.

My point was Bjarnasson has been utter toilet for near enough 12 months. Easily as bad as anyone listed above.
Then 45 minutes later opinion has suddenly changed.

IF he continues to play like he did vs Forest then he'll elevate himself above that. But 45 minutes doesn't change my opinion that for the vast VAST majority of his time here he has been absolutely terrible.

He has been gash I agree with, but so has hogan and hourihane was pants for long periods. Could be a settling issue perhaps. He has looked better in the last couple games no doubt about it If we got a decent bid in id consider selling but if its peanuts that wont benefit or improve our financial then i would consider keeping until the summer. 

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Easily worse than all of them bar Richardson and Tonev. The rest of them resembled footballers at some point or another.

He's seriously in the conversation for worst Villa player I've seen, technically speaking. He's like Brett Holman but even worse somehow which is incredible.

At some point or other is not their villa career, people are referring to their time here. can anyone  argue richards is one of our worst defenders ever ? bigger waste of money than bjarnson in my eyes 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He has been gash I agree with, but so has hogan and hourihane was pants for long periods. Could be a settling issue perhaps. He has looked better in the last couple games no doubt about it If we got a decent bid in id consider selling but if its peanuts that wont benefit or improve our financial then i would consider keeping until the summer. 

At some point or other is not their villa career, people are referring to their time here. can anyone  argue richards is one of our worst defenders ever ? bigger waste of money than bjarnson in my eyes 

I meant in their Villa careers. Richards was awful from day 1. 

Richardson who I mentioned for example was somewhat decent during his time at United but was not anything close to resembling a professional footballer with us. Even Cissokho looked solid at times.

Apart from his cameo in Saturday, Bjarnason has been diabolical for us. He couldn't even do the most basic of things. Like I said, Holman but even worse somehow.

Just now, Keyblade said:

I meant in their Villa careers. Richards was awful from day 1. 

Richardson who I mentioned for example was somewhat decent during his time at United but was not anything close to resembling a professional footballer with us. Even Cissokho looked solid at times.

Apart from his cameo in Saturday, Bjarnason has been diabolical for us. He couldn't even do the most basic of things. Like I said, Holman but even worse somehow.

I think Holman was worse to be honest, thor still has managed to score a couple goals. Holman was just piss poor just like Mcleish was 

There's evidence that there is a player in there, you don't go from being pretty good for your national team to rubbish for your club side in a matter of weeks, then back again... Factors to consider, adjusting to the British game, it's faster than most to be fair, hasn't really had a run in the side to settle down, only seems to be getting his head in there now. Great cameo against Bristol City and then a solid 45 minutes against Forest recently. I'd hope he'd get a few more chances before we write him off.... Vaclav Drobny, Franz Carr and Gustavo Bartlett say hi by the way....

Sorry stevo looks like he is staying for now

"It seems difficult for me to get him in" - Aston Villa man being priced out of move

Parma are currently being priced out of a move for Aston Villa midfielder Birkir Bjarnason, according to sporting director Daniele Faggiano.

The Serie A side are keen to sign Bjarnason and the player is understood to be open to a return to Italy where he spent three years playing for Pescara and Sampdoria earlier in his career.

But Villa’s price tag is currently preventing Parma providing Bjarnason with an exit route.

“Bjarnason, I like a lot, I tried for him in the summer, but for economic reasons it seems difficult for me to get him,” said Faggiano.

The 29-year-old arrived at Villa Park this time last year for £2.5million from Swiss side FC Basel.

However, injury and poor form has seen him start just seven Championship matches.

No dear Thor Bjarnason with Parma

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry stevo looks like he is staying for now

No dear Thor Bjarnason with Parma

I have no problem with him staying really. I just hope if he does that he keeps his performances up. I'll be very pleased if he does.

IF there is a deal to be done though, I think we should take any money we can get for him. If we get promoted he's only got another 5 months left as a player here anyway. No way will he make the step up to the Prem.

Â