Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

What does he actually offer.  He's useless.  I genuinely think if adomah had started that game instead of him we'd have had a reasonable chance of getting something out of that game.  We controlled large parts of that first half with effectively 10 men.

• Like 1

From what I saw he liked look a handful going forward for their defence, granted I've only seen the highlights but in the highlights he looked our most likely player to score, seems to get into good attacking positions with no end product.... Hutton mark 2? 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes at least hes getting into goal scoring positions. I wouldn't be harsh on him yet. Give him time he may come good.

Yep. Finding space, particularly in the final third, is a skill. Could've had 3 goals in the last 2 games, pretty unlucky so far.

I'm not going to write him off as someone who could never become a decent cm option for us.  But as a wide midfielder he is useless and at the moment a passenger.  We need everyone contributing and winning their personal battles.  Making the opposition more worried about us than vice versa.  He is so content with looking like he sort of has things under control.  That he's able to contain.  Even that is a thin disguise.  You know he'd get ripped apart by a good player.  Apart from the two chances he fluffed he offered absolutely nothing.  He is so slow every ball down the channel was effectively giving it away.  When he was moved late on and finally got on the ball his passing was woeful.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It's medial ligament which based on my limited anatomical knowledge isn't as bad an injury as cruciate ligament damage.

It's a month or so. 

He showed great spirit by trying to come back on, bouncing up and down to try and prove he was ok to the manager, when he has ligament damage. It warmed me to him. 

• Like 3

If depends on the grade of the MCL injury, but it would not be more than two months as long as there is no damage to the ACL. Certainly no concerns about next season. At least that is the normal recovery time in American football, which I find is for some reason more forthcoming with injury information. 

Edited by Raymond

Â