James Bree

Barney_avfc

Welcome!

Never seen you play but if you can cross the ball better than Alan Hutton then I'll love you longtime.

And if you can't cross a ball better than Alan Hutton then you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Seems like a humble lad who wants to learn and progress in his career - exactly the sort of character trait that young players seem to lack these days.  Top stuff.

Yeh, key's see how he looks after 6 months exposure to the AVFC Youth Squad drinking club...

Just watched his interview and he seems like a very grounded and level headed young man.

I haven't seen him play but he comes with a good reputation and to have almost 60 senior appearances under your belt at 19 at a club that has been on the up and had success during that time is good going.

Good luck to the lad. He could hopefully be our right back for many years and can grow with us.

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Answer my own question.
Barnsley fans thought they would be getting about £4m for him, but the quoted initial figure is £1.4m.

Sounds like we are the ones driving a hard bargain nowadays.

Nice.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253243

Not happy :)

I hope this is the case. 

40 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Answer my own question.
Barnsley fans thought they would be getting about £4m for him, but the quoted initial figure is £1.4m.

Sounds like we are the ones driving a hard bargain nowadays.

Nice.

Way I look at it, we are paying around £6m for the two lads from Barnsley which is what we got for Gestede.

I think that is a good bit of business all round and one which improves the team and squad balance.

Good work Brucie.

• Like 2

Â