James Bree

Barney_avfc

11 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Why would a right back, who's been first choice in a Champioship team, who are above us not be our first choice straight away.

It's a good question. Bree is not a 17 year old that has been performing for a League One or Two team. He's 19 and has playing well for a team currently above us in the league. I'll trust SB's judgement on when to play Bree but, fitness permitting, I'd like to think it will be sooner rather than later.

Just now, theboyangel said:

I get the impression he's here to start. 

If we've beaten off (fnar fnar) premier league interest I can't believe we've only offered him squad status 

Absolutely, he came here for game time, if he wanted to be second or third choice he'd have gone to a premier squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Way I look at it, we are paying around £6m for the two lads from Barnsley which is what we got for Gestede.

I think that is a good bit of business all round and one which improves the team and squad balance.

Good work Brucie.

Without going OT, throw in Bjarnason and Lansbury, and you've got 4 players that massively improve the squad for about the same price we paid for McCormack. With 3 of those being out of contract in the summer its pleasing that we have been quite shrewd in our business. A shrewd management team allied with a chairman prepared to spend big when necessary is a great combination to have. We do seem to be much more professional behind the scenes, i wonder how much credit does Round deserve for this?

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I don't normally read other teams forums, but when i do you realise what a good site this is.

Seconded. Always seem a bit clunky and disorganised. Especially the ones with the layout of that barnsley site. Quite a few seem to use that.

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Seconded. Always seem a bit clunky and disorganised. Especially the ones with the layout of that barnsley site. Quite a few seem to use that.

If you click on 'display' on the top right you can change it to linear mode. 

IMDB of all places used the tree format as an automatic setting up until only a couple of years ago. It should have died out in the 90's. It's infuriating. 

Â