James Bree

Barney_avfc

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

he isn't Alan Hutton.

This alone makes me the most excited about a transfer I've been in years. Ditto for Hourihane --> GardWood. I know our record of signing players has been abysmal but unless we take a chance signing players then we are just stuck with the deadwood that's being holding us back like a millstone around the neck. Also this lad comes highly rated and is cheap as chips, so there's no real downside that I can see. Plus he's not a fat 30 year old who can't get over a gate.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think Trent is feeling blue. 

No. I'm just not going to get excited at the arrival of a player I've not been able to form an opinion on for myself. After the last few windows I think that's probably wise.

Fingers crossed though for him and the other new faces that follow.

• Like 1

@TrentVilla I find you have to lap up any excitement when it comes to villa like puddles on the ground. 

If its blind hope someone new could get us to "click" so be it. If it's 45mins of playing well even better. 

The inevitable disappointment fades into the larger Aston Villa picture of general misery. It's the hope that survives us! 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No. I'm just not going to get excited at the arrival of a player I've not been able to form an opinion on for myself. After the last few windows I think that's probably wise.

Fingers crossed though for him and the other new faces that follow.

Twas a cheese joke my friend. I get where you're coming from. 

Â