James Bree

Barney_avfc

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

He basically did what Hutton does every game - hit the first man when he got the chance to cross and was far too easily turned by Brereton near the end of the game (shot went wide).

Looks fine enough, but find it amusing that he was "solid" while Hutton recently has been called "shit".

Yep.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yep.

I didn't see him run with the ball, run into the opposition, lose it and run back.

I didn't see him steaming forward and leaving space open.

I saw a wing back who took the ball forward, held it up in space and found team mates, I saw him pass it inside to Hourihane, I saw him track back and cover space, I saw him protect the right hand side and not find himself out of space constantly.

I did see a few of his crosses hit the first man. 

So one small thing was something Hutton has done. In his DEBUT and at 19 years of age. 

Sell him.

Edited by DK82
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I didn't see him run with the ball, run into the opposition, lose it and run back.

I didn't see him steaming forward and leaving space open.

I saw a wing back who took the ball forward, held it up in space and found team mates, I saw him pass it inside to Hourihane, I saw him track back and cover space, I saw him protect the right hand side and not find himself out of space constantly.

I did see a few of his crosses hit the first man. 

So one small thing was something Hutton has done. In his DEBUT and at 19 years of age. 

Sell him.

You're quoting the wrong person really. I don't think Hutton is shit, I think Bree didn't do much differently from Hutton. So why would I think Bree is shit and want to sell him?

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Didn't really notice him myself. 

That's not always a bad thing.

I remember a few times he managed to help in attack and also track back well. One in particular he was up near their corner flag, under pressure and took the ball back and found Hourihane. Good composure.

On 24/01/2017 at 18:56, OutByEaster? said:

It's important to remember how young this lad is - this wouldn't just be his first footballing move, he'd be moving out of his parents house, leaving Barnsley and living on his own for the first time - he's only 19 and it's a big step. Give him some time to settle.

Makes his debut even more impressive.  I do think we've got a good one here.  Let's hope we don't do a Villa on him and turn him into shit.  I trust we won't.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Which is in itself an achievement as Hutton stuck out like a sore thumb every time he was on the pitch. And not for the right reasons.

Yeah, maybe. 

I wasn't saying he was bad, good or indifferent. Only that I barely noticed he was on the pitch at all. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think Huttons biggest problem was his sense of positioning.....hopefully Bree will be better.

I don't think so - his biggest problem was that he's a poor attacking outlet but was relied on too much because our midfield was so catastrophically uncreative. Thankfully the main culprit (Westwood) has gone so we won't be relying on our RB to create so many chances for us. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Knee injury apparently? Anyone got the deets?

I swear to god if it's another long-term injury and Hutton survives again I'm done with this club :lol:

You've got to start wondering if Hutton is voodooing right backs. Haha

Â