Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

I think he's great. The way he strikes the ball, whenever he gets around the edge of the penalty area, I'm always pretty confident he's going to test the keeper, or at least get an effort away on target. For me, when he gets on the score-sheet, it's an indicator that we're playing pretty well as it means he's arriving late in the box and attacking knock downs or crosses. Some matches he'll play too deep but still keeps things tidy, but he's at his most effective when he's getting further forward because it gives us a whole new dimension. I like to think of him as our version of Frank Lampard.

Edited by KJT123
  • Like 4

He always looks to place every shot into the corner. It’s a good trait, but sometimes hinders him. He could’ve got a second in the second half (late in after another Grealish run)but he went for the corner and put it wide, there was a lot of goal to aim for and pretty much unattended.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Poor today IMO.  Game just seemed to drift by him completely.  At one point, he tracked a Sheff Utd player back then just gave up when they reached our box.

It was all a bit bizarre from him today.

Thought Onomah offered more when he was on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Normally I would say drop him but Burton is his kind of game and we need his late runs in the box.

I'm not trying to be dismissive towards Burton. They're in a relegation scrap, and have won some away games recently. That being said, I think we should have enough in the tank to give those players who are a bit jaded a rest. I think we'd have plenty enough swapping, eg Adomah and Hourihane for Green and Lansbury for the day. 

Agreed he looked a little gassed along with Adomah last night but I'm a big believer in not changing a winning formula, he should deffo stay in for the Burton and noses games. Fulham away we may see him or Birkir benched for Axel.

Edited by Hoof hearted

Â