Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

40 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Can Jack switch allegiance again so we can have Hourihane and Grealish in the Irish midfield? Scratch that, MON loves Glenn Whelan. 

To be fair to MON Whelan is a damn fine player. But I do agree with you, MON would be unlikely to get the best out of Grealish. 

Poor today, He isn't my type of attacking midfielder and shouldtn be relied on to create. Simply because he can't dribble a defender like Grealish or Coutinho.

But he has done really well in the centre midfield. Good passing , decent tackling and a goal threat from distance. 

Must admit he angered me today.....whilst I thought Birkirs lack of quick thinking and technical ability made him a bit of a liability second half he NEVER stopped hunting for the ball or offering himself ( albeit rather poorly ,) whereas CH was lightweight in the tackle, unimaginative with his passing, and - either deliberately or through a lack of application - went very very missing second half.

Hes a decent player but needs a break, or a kick up the backside !

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not good enough today, not the first time, not clear to me that he should be a nailed on starter.

I agree, however with Adomah and Grealish out we need goals, and he is able to score occationally.

Â